Weekends Football 29/31 December

andykeenan

Even when they do mention us and how well we are doing, they never even mention we lost one of our main players, Mings due to injury, been out since the beginning of the season, or Buendia.

An I know it may be not like losing De Bryune, (although it is to us), but they haven't shut up about him since last season.

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Even when they do mention us and how well we are doing, they never even mention we lost one of our main players, Mings due to injury, been out since the beginning of the season, or Buendia.

An I know it may be not like losing De Bryune, (although it is to us), but they haven't shut up about him since last season.

It’s a LITTLE BIT different because we haven’t lost players (on the whole) during the season. Quite easy to forget about Buendia, Ramsey and Moreno because they didn’t play any minutes - Mings is the only one who really gets mentioned and he played half a game or so.

So injuries haven’t “derailed” our season because we were already without those players. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s a LITTLE BIT different because we haven’t lost players (on the whole) during the season. Quite easy to forget about Buendia, Ramsey and Moreno because they didn’t play any minutes - Mings is the only one who really gets mentioned and he played half a game or so.

So injuries haven’t “derailed” our season because we were already without those players. 

But we are doing it without them, even more of a reason to talk about it.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Id also argue that with lenglet and zaniolo villa have actually done really well in covering those injuries

Ramsey and Moreno taking so long to come back has been the bigger problem 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Id also argue that with lenglet and zaniolo villa have actually done really well in covering those injuries

Ramsey and Moreno taking so long to come back has been the bigger problem 

I agree - just saying why I don’t think our injuries are mentioned as much.

If we lost all of Buendia, Mings, Ramsey and Moreno after say 11 games, there’d be a lot more comment on injuries.

Because they happened before/right at the start of the season, they get largely glossed over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I agree - just saying why I don’t think our injuries are mentioned as much.

If we lost all of Buendia, Mings, Ramsey and Moreno after say 11 games, there’d be a lot more comment on injuries.

Because they happened before/right at the start of the season, they get largely glossed over. 

That’s partly because we had a chance to make signings to cover them. Lenglet and Zaniolo were only signed on loan because Mings and Buendia went down. If we lost those two after the window closed things would be more bleak. 

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Just said that too. I didn't much care before in a kind of "under the radar" way but now it's getting on my norks especially after hearing redknapp (yeah, I know..) and some blonde woman (lucy ?) totally ignore us as they were looking at the top of the table.....even kelly dalglish didn't say our name and i respect her as a capable journo.

We are 2nd after half the season.....not after 6 games....

Second over the calendar year as well, and top for home games the calendar year. Yet spurrrssss are a better bet for top four. And I bet they are all in for the jawdeeeeeesss and Manure to come good. Not to mention de Zerbi. 

I really want us to win the title not just for us, but to shove it down the media's throats.

And give our elite genius the Don retribution for the disgusting treatment he got at the Arse.

Anyway, let's let the spuds have a false dawn, let us do what we did last season under Unai. Chip away bit by bit and overhaul each side when it matters. Last season proved we get to where we have to when it matters.

And no, I don't want us to have to beat Liverpool to do it. I want Klopp gnawing his teeth as they have to give us a guard of honour for being champions the last home game of the season. The shackles will be off, win lose or draw won't matter, we'll lift the trophy at VP.

The ultimate vindication for Sir Unai Emery. And yes I say sir, HRH will make it happen.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

Â