Weekends Football 29/31 December

andykeenan

Palmer is exactly what the facts show he is- a decent, if not spectacular, player in a mid table team. It just happens to be the case that the team in question is Chelsea and as a result people assume he must be brilliant and he gets England call ups when actually it’s really not that difficult to standout in their very average first eleven

3 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Palmer is exactly what the facts show he is- a decent, if not spectacular, player in a mid table team. It just happens to be the case that the team in question is Chelsea and as a result people assume he must be brilliant and he gets England call ups when actually it’s really not that difficult to standout in their very average first eleven

He’s only 21 though so pretty good to be the stand out player in a top 10 side. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

He’s only 21 though so pretty good to be the stand out player in a top 10 side. 

He’s been better than I expected but with two caveats. 1.) Every single time I saw him for city he looked absolute dogshite- absolutely miles off the level of the first team so I’m still unconvinced that he’s actually as good as he appears for an average Chelsea team. 2.) it’s a pisstake that a couple of good appearances for one of the “big 6” gets you an England call up and he should be having to prove himself more before getting to international football.

All in all though he’s benefitted from the move 

He's been Chelsea best signing which doesn't say a lot but does make him stand out 

Their best signing should probably be nkunku who is now back, not sure where he plays but I'm guessing they'll have the 2 of them together 

Jackson and sterling have been shite 

2 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Disagree completely. He's one of the top creators in the league. Ball control is exceptional. Big talent.

Â