Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

limpid

lol it’s just so laughable. I was with my in laws during the Shef Utd game who have no interest in football but have interest in my interests if that makes sense, so I had to explain why I wasn’t celebrating, why the score could be 1-0 then suddenly not 1-0, what all the stopping was all about and then why is it still on when we got to a gazillion minutes or whatever it was. It has completely changed football from what was recognisable even to a layperson. The soul has been torn from the game. And for what exactly? 1% more accurate decisions but a HELL of a lot more controversy and sitting around waiting and not celebrating?

Just now, AVTuco said:

I read here you guys celebrating, but will not celebrate until someone confirms the VAR check is over. This is why I hate VAR. If it was instantaneous, I'd be ok with it.

I celebrate twice. It's more fun. 

• Haha 3

Just now, LondonLax said:

Well we are winning despite our depleted defence so can’t really do more than that and we can’t control the other matches, so…

tbf is it depleted?, the only guaranteed starter not playing is Pau?

Although granted, we are missing our most critical defensive player, for our style of play.

We clearly have superior players to them but without Kamara and Pau we are not quite clicking as a team in these last few games. Some of our guys are understandably rusty and it shows.

Also just blow the effing whistle ref

Just now, MaVilla said:

tbf is it depleted?, the only guaranteed starter not playing is Pau?

Although granted, we are missing our most critical defensive player, for our style of play.

Kamara is kinda important too for our defensive shape.

• Like 1