Boxing Day Football/Midweek Football 26/28 December

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Sheffield United are awful

I know in the long run the calm patient build style serves us well but against that lot we should have just got the ball into the box and let those donkey centre halves **** things up.

Well they have conceded two own goals.

7 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Sheffield United are awful

I know in the long run the calm patient build style serves us well but against that lot we should have just got the ball into the box and let those donkey centre halves **** things up.

That's the weirdest thing about that game, I can understand why we were reluctant to just chuck the ball in the box, typically teams with those CBs and that set up want you to do that bread and butter football and they'll eat it up all day but pretty much everything we did in that game - the goal, the penalty shouts, the disallowed goals, a couple of chances - came from crosses 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's the weirdest thing about that game, I can understand why we were reluctant to just chuck the ball in the box, typically teams with those CBs and that set up want you to do that bread and butter football and they'll eat it up all day but pretty much everything we did in that game - the goal, the penalty shouts, the disallowed goals, a couple of chances - came from crosses 

We didn't play well. But they defended very well.

Â