Boxing Day Football/Midweek Football 26/28 December

andykeenan

43 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That’s not what happened though - go back and watch it - Watkins is shoved in the back then pulled up by shirt. It’s 100% a foul. 

The shove is debatable, sometimes you get them as I mentioned before. The problem was he theatrically threw himself to the floor which might have gone against him (also as it was only 2-3 mins in). The shirt pull image was actually the defender trying to hold Watkins up. The images are not comparing the same thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The problem was he theatrically threw himself to the floor which might have gone against him

Can't really blame him for that given he was pushed in the back in a very similar fashion against Wolves, stayed on his feet and got nothing.

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Can't really blame him for that given he was pushed in the back in a very similar fashion against Wolves, stayed on his feet and got nothing.

It’s a contact sport and an amount of pushing/shoving is acceptable within the rules.

A shove does not necessarily equal a foul, otherwise there would be a penalty awarded literally at every corner and set piece.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s a contact sport and an amount of pushing/shoving is acceptable within the rules.

A shove does not necessarily equal a foul, otherwise there would be a penalty awarded literally at every corner and set piece.

Surely a double-handed push in the back has got to be a foul? 

A situation where there is a bit of jostling, such as a shoulder-to-shoulder, I'm fully with you on. I think both players have the chance to be able to 'hold their ground'....but you can't have someone standing behind someone else and shoving them two handed in the back.

50 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

Rishi Sunak at the Southampton game tonight. With the tax payer funded photographer only a few feet away (to capture that moment of 'authenticity') of course. 

I imagine some pilgrims supporters have some authenticity to express towards the PM about now. 😉

My 6 year old grandson is being taken to his first ever football match tonight, Ipswich v QPR. He had an Ipswich hat and shirt for xmas.....I told his parents that it was a form of child abuse......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

My 6 year old grandson is being taken to his first ever football match tonight, Ipswich v QPR. He had an Ipswich hat and shirt for xmas.....I told his parents that it was a form of child abuse......

Your son marry your daughter or what 😉

• Haha 1

Â