Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

Does 300k kit sales mean shirts or does it also mean 300k shorts and socks.. because 300k shirts seems quite a low number for a club our size.. 

having said that… I have no frame of reference 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

#me too = 299,997 to go.... 

Evoking the #MeToo movement when discussing Chris "CockSucker" Heck is a dangerous game my friend.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I am going to get one so I can help my old mate Chris Heck out.

One of the 300m mate, well done 👏 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, catanzaro said:

Does 300k kit sales mean shirts or does it also mean 300k shorts and socks.. because 300k shirts seems quite a low number for a club our size.. 

having said that… I have no frame of reference 

Hopefully it includes socks, because you always need two so we'll get to 300k quicker.

;)

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Alakagom said:

CL for one season is meaningless for Adidas, it's the amount of fans you have, social interactions, and Villa is nowhere close to big six clubs or other major European teams. The deal is quite clearly structured with that in mind, if Villa progresses accordingly I'm sure they will renegotiate. 

I agree with this, what I don't like is that we would have to renegotiate. We should have done that already. It is a lot easier to do initially. 

19 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Thought I'd have a look and see what other clubs may be getting as a Champions League bonus from adidas, the first thing that popped up was Manchester United's £900m deal over 10 years, one of the biggest kit deals in history, it costs them £10m every time they fail to qualify for the Champions League.

So your £20m is way over the top, as much as we would like it to be different Manchester United are a bigger pull, with a much bigger global following, much bigger brand, and sell boatloads more shirts than us right now, so adidas were never going to give us anywhere near the same, or they'd likely have to re-negotiate with them.

£3m doesn't seem much, but qualifying for the Champions League alone doesn't put us at the top table just yet, winning it or going far in it, and/or qualifying regularly will.

I feel like Heck has tried to load our deal a bit more on the shirt sales side, where he probably has a bit more control, any good salesman would back themselves in this kind of situation, if he hits that target then you'd have to say it's a good move, if he doesn't and we qualify again then you could say it's cost us a bit. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The reason I think 20 mill is right, is when I compare to the Newcastle deal. And CL participation is a lot smaller issue for Man U than it is for us. Man U are still relevant without CL, we easily become 5 times more relevant with CL. Hence we should get a bigger bump. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, David-Copenhagen said:

The reason I think 20 mill is right, is when I compare to the Newcastle deal. And CL participation is a lot smaller issue for Man U than it is for us. Man U are still relevant without CL, we easily become 5 times more relevant with CL. Hence we should get a bigger bump. 

Who do you think gives adidas more exposure by being in the Champions League? Manchester United, one of the biggest brands in world football, or us? It's a no-brainer. Sure they are still relevant if they don't qualify, but they lose £10m to make up for the exposure adidas loses.

I can't even find a figure for what Newcastle get for Champions League qualification from adidas, I doubt it is £20m, and even if it is, that really hasn't worked out for them this season has it? They've lost half the value of their deal this year if their bonus is £20m. I'd imagine the reason why Newcastle's overall deal is bigger than ours is down to shirt sales, they sell a lot more, more regularly than we historically have, to a manufacturer like adidas that makes them more attractive than us.

We aren't going to make adidas £20m by being in the Champions League next season, not even close, and so that was never going to be the bonus they set, because it would make absolutely no business sense.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
Removed phantom spacing

39 minutes ago, David-Copenhagen said:

I agree with this, what I don't like is that we would have to renegotiate. We should have done that already. It is a lot easier to do initially. 

Depends how badly Adidas wanted the deal or whether they was doing a favour for Nas.  They probably happy to have Villa onboard especially with CL but I doubt they are bending over backwards for us given our relatively low fan base size compared to their elite clubs. Great that Heck done the deal but I can imagine Nas having a word in a few ears, doesn’t mean we have much leverage in negotiations so probably got the best deal possible.  Up to us now to take advantage so that we have better bargaining power in the future.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2024 at 03:30, CarryOnVilla said:

Fanatics were absolute garbage. Particularly when you buying online. 

Order my stuff,

get to the checkout page, ohh here’s a “handling fee” of £454

ohh and the postage is £4433

…a week later

Delivered to my neighbours across the road by Evri/Yodel

me bankrupt and sad by the experience, going over like

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91ser55rmdplgqskzt9y

please sir, may I have my Villa kits?

A very accurate account of Fanatics experience... 😆  When I first ordered a Villa shirt from them I put the terrible experience down to it being an international transaction, but then a few years later I placed an order here in the US for NFL merchandise and had exactly the same experience with Fanatics.  They are a horrible distributor....

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I am going to get one so I can help my old mate Chris Heck out.

That's the goddam spirit, you limey cocksucker

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'll be glad to see the back of Fanatics, expensive delivery charge to wait almost 2 weeks for something

It's likely that Fanatics will still be in charge of our online sales.

• Sad 3

Â