Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/23 at 23:59

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know things are fiery when even Unai gets carded 😂

He saw Emi's eyes roll back into his head as he brought out Argentina's Dibu Martinez and knew he had to act.

With an untested 20 & 16 year old keeper on the bench, Unai threw himself in front of the train to preserve the points.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ben Mee changed the game for us. We probably don't win that without him getting the red card

Maybe but its not like our team aren't capable of coming back and beating them with 11 men. 

7 hours ago, Ponky said:

If the bump on Maupay was a penalty then surely the Brentford player cannoning into Kamara with both feet off the ground at an earlier corner was also one?

What about the header from Torres too. Sure he was impeded that's why it went wide. Frank pointed out 3 incidents that went against his side. Well imo all three, the correct decisions were made 

Glad we won but very stupid in the end by Emi that ended up with Kamara being sent off and missing the next three games.

He should have just stayed clear of the little shit, but that prick from Wolves Collins what an absolute rocket polisher.

He ran 50 yards to get involved and was looking for a pen after throwing himself to the ground.

Their managers a prick as well so really pleased we walked away with the three points.

VTV

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

After an incident-packed match with two red cards and controversy galore that saw Villa come from behind to move within a point of the league leaders, you'd think it would be all over the back pages, wouldn't you? 

But no, the press have concluded that the headline-grabbing story of the day was... a nil-nil draw. 

I can't help thinking that if it was Arsenal or Spurs say coming back to win in the final minutes and go 1 point off the top then the headlines around the game would have been different. 'Villa win spiky game' doesn't really capture the larger context, does it?

I've never been a huge fan of Frank, just always seemed very much in love with himself, but I can respect the job he's done at Brentford and I can appreciate that he went to speak to Ollie after the game as he knew something must have happened to cause the celebration so out of character for him.

However, I think it is really very poor that he refuses to condemn the challenge by Mee, were the challenge on one of his players I'm sure we'd be hearing an entirely different tune coming from him, and this is a problem I have with quite a few of the managers at the moment. They are so quick to criticise officials or opposition players and so loathe to admit any fault of themselves or their own players, even incredibly obvious ones. His reaction to the red card was incredibly petulant and began a sour mood over the rest of the game. We've said it recently about Arteta, players see how their managers act and will copy that behavior.

If it was a bad decision, then you could maybe understand, but even given the time to have seen replays, to have seen what his own behavior later caused, he still won't accept that a high, over-the-ball, studs-up challenge is a red card. He's arguing that black is white to save face, it's childish, and too many managers have been employing this kind of tactic for way too long. It encourages more bad challenges and it continues to make the official's job more difficult. Managers should own what their teams do out there on the pitch and stop trying to throw everyone else under the bus to distract from their failings. They need to grow up and be the adults in the room that they are supposed to be.

Anyway, another great result in the end, performance was okay I thought considering the players we were missing, I'm trying not to let the late stupidity ruin the result, I can't blame a few players for getting a bit excited considering where we are, Emery has already said he's going to look at and correct it and I have every faith that he will do just that.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Dion D got sent off for less than that. The only difference is that Ezri didn't theatrically throw himself to the ground like that big girl's blouse Savage. 

• Like 1

Â