Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/23 at 23:59

44 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Yes agree with you and regarding the 2 idiots rolling around maybe their managers will show back the video of this in front of their team mates and let them know how pathetic this is.I like you weren’t expecting a game like this and along with my mates expected to get well and truly stuffed.Villa certainly looked a shadow of the side that turned over City and Arsenal although seeing Cash starting gave me some minor hope.The Mee tackle changed the whole game obviously but who knows I felt we were getting more and more pushed back and were relying on the ever decreasing counter in the second half.

Some fair points. From the side that beat City we were missing Digne, Luiz, Bailey (didn't start) and Tielemans but obviously Brentford have a lot out too.

Certainly an eventful game and an important 3 points for Villa.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Some Knob head at the club, didn't read the mood, because the fans did sing it in those days at other fixtures......but you don't sing it, when the originators are in town....clowns.

The originators were long dead by then time of this game :mrgreen:

We used to sing it back then, particularly against Liverpool, but with the alternate lyrics.

Yeah what the hell was he talking about, Frank, defending that horrific challenge??? So after ruining poor Wesley's leg and career a few years ago, Mee then almost does that again to another of our players! What a scary, horrendous tackle, flying in so fast and high with both feet of the ground. : <  A real leg-breaker if Bailey hadn't had his leg up in the air, phew! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robby b said:

Yeah what the hell was he talking about, Frank, defending that horrific challenge??? So after ruining poor Wesley's leg and career a few years ago, Mee then almost does that again to another of our players! What a scary, horrendous tackle, flying in so fast and high with both feet of the ground. : <  A real leg-breaker if Bailey hadn't had his leg up in the air, phew! 

I thought it was a red as stated earlier but let’s not go overboard the ref was yards away and gave a yellow Villa players nearby didn’t protest other than McGinn who complained to the ref that Mee had thrown the ball away.Managers including yours tend to defend their players.but not sure what Thomas saw to come to that opinion.The player managed to carry on Dispite this “Horrendous “ challenge think the words potential leg breaking should be put in front of the word.

Watching the full replay.

Up to half time,

So far:

Diaby, Cash, and Ramsey all poor

Moreno has done some great things, but has shown massive lack of quality and some poor defensive work for the goal. I'm glad he scores in the second half.

Finished the match!

Torres MOTM for me, Moreno a close 2nd.

The last 20 minutes was mental.

I do love Dibu but I think he needs to be careful, Maupay is a scumbag just don't go playing his silly games.

Ben Mee belongs on some Sunday league pitch where someone does him in.

Unai is the King 👑

• Like 1

14 hours ago, limpid said:

The originators were long dead by then time of this game :mrgreen:

We used to sing it back then, particularly against Liverpool, but with the alternate lyrics.

I'm not aware of that.

....but by originators, I meant Liverpool,( by adoption) not Richard Rodgers the composer.

Edited by TRO

15 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Yes agree with you and regarding the 2 idiots rolling around maybe their managers will show back the video of this in front of their team mates and let them know how pathetic this is.I like you weren’t expecting a game like this and along with my mates expected to get well and truly stuffed.Villa certainly looked a shadow of the side that turned over City and Arsenal although seeing Cash starting gave me some minor hope.The Mee tackle changed the whole game obviously but who knows I felt we were getting more and more pushed back and were relying on the ever decreasing counter in the second half.

I think it might be worth remembering who started this, before we condemn folk for their reactions.

Ben Mee has previous with Villa after just about finishing any hope of Wesley Moraes, making a career with us, and had Leon had his foot on the ground, it could have been number 2....It was heinous.

as for your depleted side, we too had many key players missing, that could well of affected our performance too.

The scenes that followed Ben Mee's flying tackle, while disappointing, was understandable, and the the unnecessary body check by Maupay, just added fuel to the flames.

In the end, I think justice was served.....but I think Brentford as a club are better than that, just let down badly by a couple of players, and a supporter.

PS What Emi did was idiotic, but he didn't start it.....under the circumstances, I probably would have done the same as him.

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm not aware of that.

....but by originators, I meant Liverpool,( by adoption) not Richard Rodgers the composer.

"Sign on, sign on, with a pen in your hand and you'll never work again".

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think it might be worth remembering who started this, before we condemn folk for their reactions.

Ben Mee has previous with Villa after just about finishing any hope of Wesley Moraes, making a career with us, and had Leon had his foot on the ground, it could have been number 2....It was heinous.

as for your depleted side, we too had many key players missing, that could well of affected our performance too.

The scenes that followed Ben Mee's flying tackle, while disappointing, was understandable, and the the unnecessary body check by Maupay, just added fuel to the flames.

In the end, I think justice was served.....but I think Brentford as a club are better than that, just let down badly by a couple of players, and a supporter.

PS What Emi did was idiotic, but he didn't start it.....under the circumstances, I probably would have done the same as him.

There is no comparison as far as key players missing and going further the quality of their replacements.We had 4 players who are regular starters when we have a fit squad.We were missing our front 3 both fullbacks along with Jensen in mid field.replaced by players that some never make the bench and 3 free transfers.No complaints by me as it’s the Consequences of the way we are run we are a small club punching way above but with zero debt and struggle to pay premier league players and their agents demands.I was at the game but after watching the extended highlights I can’t say we were robbed or deserved to win but with a bit of luck might have nicked it.Hope this Oli stuff dies a death but heard Talkshite were on about it today it’s all gone too far considering it’s just one brainless divvy fan.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

There is no comparison as far as key players missing and going further the quality of their replacements.We had 4 players who are regular starters when we have a fit squad.We were missing our front 3 both fullbacks along with Jensen in mid field.replaced by players that some never make the bench and 3 free transfers.No complaints by me as it’s the Consequences of the way we are run we are a small club punching way above but with zero debt and struggle to pay premier league players and their agents demands.I was at the game but after watching the extended highlights I can’t say we were robbed or deserved to win but with a bit of luck might have nicked it.Hope this Oli stuff dies a death but heard Talkshite were on about it today it’s all gone too far considering it’s just one brainless divvy fan.  

Maybe you would of actually played football with your main team then 🤣

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I'm not aware of that.

I might be wrong but I’m of the understanding that YNWA just became a Liverpool thing almost by accident.  Clubs started installing tannoys in their stadiums and playing music before kick off and at half time in the late 50s/early 60s just as rock and pop music were exploding into cultural significance in the UK.  Liverpool started playing Gerry and the Pacemakers cover of You’ll Never Walk Alone at Anfield simply because they were a local band and it just kinda stuck.  Everton did the same thing with the theme from Z-Cars which was set on Merseyside.   

23 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

we had 3 players too, that was as good as free transfers.....our arguably best defender out long term, best midfielder out, and 2 other key midfielders out.

I am not making direct comparisons, but just putting some perspective on the fact, we have key players missing too.

20 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I might be wrong but I’m of the understanding that YNWA just became a Liverpool thing almost by accident.  Clubs started installing tannoys in their stadiums and playing music before kick off and at half time in the late 50s/early 60s just as rock and pop music were exploding into cultural significance in the UK.  Liverpool started playing Gerry and the Pacemakers cover of You’ll Never Walk Alone at Anfield simply because they were a local band and it just kinda stuck.  Everton did the same thing with the theme from Z-Cars which was set on Merseyside.   

Yeah....trouble is, I don't know the words to "War Pigs" or "Paranoid"

Edited by TRO

Nor Crazy Train.  There’s been a fundamental misunderstanding at Villa about walk out music, having a thing that is a good singalong is more important than having a thing that rocks.  

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do you think the FA have forgotten to charge us both?

[whistles and walks away trying to look innocent]

Err... no. 

Aston Villa and Brentford have been charged by the Football Association for the behaviour of their teams during their Premier League game on Sunday.

BBC

Edited by blandy
fixed link
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â