Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/23 at 23:59

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

After an incident-packed match with two red cards and controversy galore that saw Villa come from behind to move within a point of the league leaders, you'd think it would be all over the back pages, wouldn't you? 

But no, the press have concluded that the headline-grabbing story of the day was... a nil-nil draw. 

Indeed, just been out to the farm shop and TalkShite are engrossed in the 0-0 boredraw, no one else got mentioned in the few minutes before I turned the crap off.

14 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

On the final day of the final season that the Holte End was all standing, Villa fans gave Ian dog's abuse. He scored twice in Arsenal's 2-1 win & did far, far worse than Ollie today. I was there. April 23 1994.

I'm pretty sure the final day was against Liverpool, there was that chap in the pink suit singing 'you'll never walk alone' on the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

I'm pretty sure the final day was against Liverpool, there was that chap in the pink suit singing 'you'll never walk alone' on the pitch.

Yes the final standing in the Holte match was a 2-1 win vs Liverpool with Yorke getting both the goals. Cracking atmosphere that day!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

So, How to stop Villa?..............

• start links to buy their best players.
  • start links to unsettle their manager.
  • Crock them, with rough house challenges.
  • verbally abuse their best players from the stands.
  • Provoke them and get them sent off

This is the new threat guys, I guess we have to face desperate measures, when they can't beat us, using fair means.

Our manager, is one of the most placid, guys around....and he gets a yellow, Bizarre.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, withes_shin said:

It was "Dave Chance"

Dave used to use the " New Aston Social" on match days, I knew him well.....I asked him why he sung that?, what was he thinking as Dave was a Villa Fan?

He told me, Officials at the club, insisted, he sung it, despite his protestations......I have never seen him, as red faced as he was.

He was certainly given the bird, by the crowd

When he went back in....He said "I told you, didn't I"

Some Knob head at the club, didn't read the mood, because the fans did sing it in those days at other fixtures......but you don't sing it, when the originators( by adoption) are in town....clowns.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's a game, I am surprised we won......That wasn't our type of game, a while back..we would have ducked out of that premeditated chaos from them.

I know we are WIP.....but we are adding, edges to our game, incrementally.

The belief does seem to be building and the hunger for silverware/accolades, does seem to be manifesting itself.

The resillience is creeping in to our game, consistently.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

On the final day of the final season that the Holte End was all standing, Villa fans gave Ian dog's abuse. He scored twice in Arsenal's 2-1 win & did far, far worse than Ollie today. I was there. April 23 1994.

Dunno how many beers you had that day but: 

1] we played Liverpool.

2] We won.   

26 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Haven’t bothered reading any of this thread yet thought I’d post before I get into extreme bias mode.What a great game that was full of controversy involving players acting like the wrestlers we used to see on tv years ago hilarious.Both benches kicking off was more like a game from the championship (the real best league in the world)rather than  the boring predictable Premier league.Apart from the result which I would have taken before the game I was pleased with our commitment with such a weakened side and who knows had it not been for the red card which I agree with  we might have hung on for the 3 points as up till then although Villa had the lions share of possession they seemed to be running out of ideas.Oli has taken up many pages on here I expect but my view is I have no  problem players celebrating scoring against their former clubs and remember Oli going mental when he scored in the 4 0thrashing at your place last season.as he hadn’t scored for a while why shouldn’t they.Dont understand the uproar or the explanation given by Oli even worse the ridiculous statement given out by the Official Villa twitter account and getting police involved that’s laughable the whole end was chanting Oli was a c*** and this so called fan who was giving Oli grief wasn’t being racist and Oli had the last laugh so what’s the big deal..Just seen a video of Maupay getting abuse from Villa fans after the game so what, are Brentford going to launch a police investigation.Mcginn and Konsa both gave obscene gestures to fans who were giving them stick as they went down the tunnel you give it out you have to take it.Yesterday was yet another example of how good a coach Thomas Frank is getting a song out of a depleted squad made up of mainly reserve players.Hopefully April’s  return game will be as lively but please don’t hurl abuse at any of our players as you might have your club getting the police to investigate you😃 

Apart from that I hope you manage to break up the rich club monopoly at the top of the league and get a top 3 finish but you must agree you will have to improve on Sundays performance 

Depends what was said, no? Is racism the only thing that the police would be interested in?

I don’t know what was said. What if the bloke was making verbal threats to Watkins and/or his family, would the police be interested then?

Not saying that’s what happened, none of us know what was said. Simply “well it weren’t racist” doesn’t mean that every other possible exchange is fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I can  imagine I like this forum so won’t bother the games over now 

You have to remember that folks at AVFC remember Ben Mee's challenge (when he was at Burnley) on Wesley that put him out of game for nearly 2 years. It ended his Villa career and it's yet to be seen if he'll ever really recover. Mee seemed an odd purchase for Brentford quite honestly.

If Bailey's foot had been planted Mee would have broken his leg. That rightly incensed a lot of Villa fans.

Then Maupay - I mean come on - he is very dislikable. Martinez was an idiot for getting involved and Kamara even more so for doing what he did. It did seem a niggly game for some reason and I've always liked Brentford so it's a shame.

Ollie Watkins just isn't the kind of player to act that way over nothing. The rumor is the guy was threatening to sexually assault his mom. Pretty scummy even for football fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Haven’t bothered reading any of this thread yet thought I’d post before I get into extreme bias mode.What a great game that was full of controversy involving players acting like the wrestlers we used to see on tv years ago hilarious.Both benches kicking off was more like a game from the championship (the real best league in the world)rather than  the boring predictable Premier league.Apart from the result which I would have taken before the game I was pleased with our commitment with such a weakened side and who knows had it not been for the red card which I agree with  we might have hung on for the 3 points as up till then although Villa had the lions share of possession they seemed to be running out of ideas.Oli has taken up many pages on here I expect but my view is I have no  problem players celebrating scoring against their former clubs and remember Oli going mental when he scored in the 4 0thrashing at your place last season.as he hadn’t scored for a while why shouldn’t they.Dont understand the uproar or the explanation given by Oli even worse the ridiculous statement given out by the Official Villa twitter account and getting police involved that’s laughable the whole end was chanting Oli was a c*** and this so called fan who was giving Oli grief wasn’t being racist and Oli had the last laugh so what’s the big deal..Just seen a video of Maupay getting abuse from Villa fans after the game so what, are Brentford going to launch a police investigation.Mcginn and Konsa both gave obscene gestures to fans who were giving them stick as they went down the tunnel you give it out you have to take it.Yesterday was yet another example of how good a coach Thomas Frank is getting a song out of a depleted squad made up of mainly reserve players.Hopefully April’s  return game will be as lively but please don’t hurl abuse at any of our players as you might have your club getting the police to investigate you😃 

Apart from that I hope you manage to break up the rich club monopoly at the top of the league and get a top 3 finish but you must agree you will have to improve on Sundays performance 

Hi Brentford. Thanks for coming online and giving the alternate view. Of all the games in the fixture list, it was strange that this one would throw so much controversy.😀

It is unusual for a player like Ollie to take something so to heart, they must get dogs abuse at most away grounds. Interesting to hear that he was getting stick from more than this one individual.

The highlight (or lowlight) had to the comedy that involved Maupay & Martinez. Both should know better and neither comes out of it well. I am sure their respective spouses told them how childish they both looked. I felt sorry for Kamara who just got caught in the crossfire.

You will be pleased to hear we also can play better when we also have a full complement so will do our best break up the Sky6 cartel. I wish you guys well in your quest for domination of West London or even all of it, if your ambition takes you that far.

UTV

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Hi Brentford. Thanks for coming online and giving the alternate view. Of all the games in the fixture list, it was strange that this one would throw so much controversy.😀

It is unusual for a player like Ollie to take something so to heart, they must get dogs abuse at most away grounds. Interesting to hear that he was getting stick from more than this one individual.

The highlight (or lowlight) had to the comedy that involved Maupay & Martinez. Both should know better and neither comes out of it well. I am sure their respective spouses told them how childish they both looked. I felt sorry for Kamara who just got caught in the crossfire.

You will be pleased to hear we also can play better when we also have a full complement so will do our best break up the Sky6 cartel. I wish you guys well in your quest for domination of West London or even all of it, if your ambition takes you that far.

UTV

Yes agree with you and regarding the 2 idiots rolling around maybe their managers will show back the video of this in front of their team mates and let them know how pathetic this is.I like you weren’t expecting a game like this and along with my mates expected to get well and truly stuffed.Villa certainly looked a shadow of the side that turned over City and Arsenal although seeing Cash starting gave me some minor hope.The Mee tackle changed the whole game obviously but who knows I felt we were getting more and more pushed back and were relying on the ever decreasing counter in the second half.

Â