Match Thread: Villa v Fulham

limpid

Good half, I really enjoy watching us dominate games. The speed at which be can break and cut through teams is a joy. 

McGinn has been immense, Tielemans has played well too. That tackle from Cash was outstanding. I think we need to work on the link up between Cash and Diaby on the right hand side though. Diaby seems isolated and Cash is struggling to play him into space. 

Would like to see Watkins grab a goal, but as long as we win I’m happy. 

• Like 1

Diaby might get more space in the second half when they have to attack us a bit more. Also that's the 2nd home game in a row where the opposition has scored an OG because of Diaby, so he's taking up good positions.

Pretty perfect performance so far, exactly the right blend of urgency and patience.

Please keep a clean sheet

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

This is the sort of game where we conserve energy - compare that to Spurs and Newcastle with their non stop pressing and running. Sensible!

Eddie must have forgot to pack his special supplements yesterday 😉

Really good half, good performances across the team. Midfield dominant, Konsa and Cash with some key defensive work, not quite fallen for Diaby/Watkins yet but they occupying defenders and the midfielders getting chances from that. Hopefully add a 3rd shortly after break and can cruise out.

Just now, bobzy said:

We're a proper side.

The odd defeat will happen (like Forest), but we're just a proper side.  Teams aren't going to like playing us - particularly at home.  This has been utter domination so far.

100%.  We created enough chances and had possession of the ball in their box more than enough to win against Forest too.  Sometimes it just doesn't go for you.  But the way we are playing now is superb.  Teams will hate playing against us.  Press and we pass the ball around you, don't press and we hit the space behind you.  It is also hard work chasing the ball and players, with little respite because we win it back so quickly and / or because we compress them into so little space that there's never time for them to slow it down.  Quite incredible given where we were a little over 12 months ago.  Proper, proper team now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Great half. Youri excellent. I know I'm late to the party but Torres with the ball is sensational at times. 

I feel like I'm critical of him recently but this another 45 mins of Diaby really not being involved. 

Think that's a bit unfair.  He's pretty much involved in both goals (Robinson doesn't score an own goal if Diaby doesn't make that run; Diaby challenges for the ball which falls to McGinn's feet) and had a decent effort early doors - possibly should've done better, granted.

We've been excellent all over IMO.

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Good half, I really enjoy watching us dominate games. The speed at which be can break and cut through teams is a joy. 

McGinn has been immense, Tielemans has played well too. That tackle from Cash was outstanding. I think we need to work on the link up between Cash and Diaby on the right hand side though. Diaby seems isolated and Cash is struggling to play him into space. 

Would like to see Watkins grab a goal, but as long as we win I’m happy. 

Fulham ain't going to attack tbh they're going to take a 3-0 and get on the bus to London mildly peeved.

That's how good we are.