England v Malta/North Macedonia

andykeenan

I dont care what people are saying, I dont get this hype about Cole Palmer. he is a prospect but at Chelsea he really hasnt shown that much except how to take a penalty

Dont know what Southgate thinks he is doing by fast tracking youngsters who are not ready like he is some Class of 92 follower

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

That's where I am, not really... And this is the England set up that won everything at youth level too, he's had a better talent pool than Roy and I don't think the players are as abject and dejected but in terms of the tactics it's every bit as bad

The players looked uninterested, I personally think they are getting a bit bored of Southgate. You'll always get a game out if Belingham cause that's his work ethic, but Southgate couldn't motivate **** all.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

No way Southgate’s luck will hold for another really kind route through the next tournament.

Not to go all Keegan, but I'd love it if we got a group of death. He'd be like a rabbit in the headlights.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

No way Southgate’s luck will hold for another really kind route through the next tournament.

Any kind of tricky group and we will go out in the group stages. 

But you just know he'll get a really soft group and an easier knock out run before we get a proper good team who beats us and it will again be all about how far he took us again. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Is that actually true?

If so our man must feel like shit.

What fantastic management.

What a word removed.

'Welcome to the England set up, Esri. Take a seat and watch this up and comer Maguire perform. He's quite something.' 

Edit. Haha Esri make software I use at work. Sorry Ezri. I've been working too hard, clearly.

Edited by HKP90
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I dont care what people are saying, I dont get this hype about Cole Palmer. he is a prospect but at Chelsea he really hasnt shown that much except how to take a penalty

Dont know what Southgate thinks he is doing by fast tracking youngsters who are not ready like he is some Class of 92 follower

He did it with Greenwood as well. Kids who havent even bedded into their club first 11s being played by their country. They arent Rooney . They have loads to learn still at their clubs. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

The players looked uninterested, I personally think they are getting a bit bored of Southgate. You'll always get a game out if Belingham cause that's his work ethic, but Southgate couldn't motivate **** all.

I think it's noticeably dropping and the frustration is creeping in

There's a reason he's going next summer, I think they can all see what's coming

Still think the word removed will end up being knighted

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness penalties and corners are our main attacking tactic. Should do well.

Another pretty flat performance. I thought Foden and Grealish were OK but the rest poor. I don't think TAA is a midfield player. RIce square passes. Watkins at least made runs but when he went off we lost that. THE ref was shocking as well.

Â