England v Malta/North Macedonia

andykeenan

46 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You'll be shocked, Gérard and Lampard got jobs in the Prem.

Loving the Spanish Gerrard here :D

To be fair to both those managers, they had decent starts to their career and I don't really blame us for trying Gerrard.  Could have been a masterstroke... alas, it wasn't.

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

What's his top flight club credentials? 13th and relegated. No serious PL club owner should go near him

I don't like or rate him as a manager, but this is going back 15 years, to when he was just learning the ropes.

After years in the England setup, I suspect he'll just step upstairs when his time is done, but if he wants a PL gig, I am pretty sure he'd get one towards the bottom of the table without much bother.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Loving the Spanish Gerrard here :D

To be fair to both those managers, they had decent starts to their career and I don't really blame us for trying Gerrard.  Could have been a masterstroke... alas, it wasn't.

Only good thing about Gerrard signing was the serendipity of Emery not being available at the time and us being dirt under Gerrard at the time Emery was ready to move. I'm thankful for the short term pain of Gerrard for that. A true sliding doors event. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Adman said:

Can you imagine having this front 6 and making them so impotent?

Saka.        Bellingham.  Rice.  Grealish

Foden

Kane

wow. four £100m+ players and two more whose market value wouldnt be far off. Thats not a bad stable of players for Southgate to win everything with. He wont - obviously. but he should

Nice idea trying Trent Alexander Arnold in midfield but i'm not sure it worked?

The pundits seemed to think he was great but I thought he gave the ball away a bit too much and didn't really have an impact.

Thought Rice and Foden were very good though.

Throw Bellingham in there too and England have a very strong team, still not sure Southgate has the technical nous to win a tournament though.

Phillips and Maguire should be nowhere near starting for England, it's getting beyond a joke! 

8 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Nice idea trying Trent Alexander Arnold in midfield but i'm not sure it worked?

The pundits seemed to think he was great but I thought he gave the ball away a bit too much and didn't really have an impact.

Thought Rice and Foden were very good though.

Throw Bellingham in there too and England have a very strong team, still not sure Southgate has the technical nous to win a tournament though.

Phillips and Maguire should be nowhere near starting for England, it's getting beyond a joke! 

Thought Trent was awful personally

• Like 2

Â