England v Malta/North Macedonia

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Southgate is a total dinosaur. His tactics are non existent. 

He's been carried by a hugely talented team who are scraping through against poor opponents inspite of him. 

As soon as we come up against a good team we'll lose. 

Honest, it might be my memory struggling to think of how bad we were under Roy but the regression under him now is so bad that he is taking back to where we were, we look like strangers clueless as to what we should be doing

Which with this squad is ridiculous

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Didn't we beat these 7-0 previous.

Yep. That's how terrible they are. 

But without our most elite players performing Steve Gerrard style moments of magic Southgate has zero idea what to do about them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

"Well, Maguire defended well, but Ollie really needs to do better with all those chances he had" or some crap to that effect.

“Harry came on and made an instant impact, I thought Cole Palmer did well too” 😡

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Honest, it might be my memory struggling to think of how bad we were under Roy but the regression under him now is so bad that he is taking back to where we were, we look like strangers clueless as to what we should be doing

Which with this squad is ridiculous

The players might now have a laugh and a joke together while having a game of darts, but apart from that, has this team improved much over the 7 years Southgate has been here.

• Like 1

He's replaced Ollie with Kane and literally nothing has changed. In fact at least Ollie had a couple of sniffs. Kanes not even had that.

This is a bunch of top Premier League players who each one is amongst the best in their teams against North Macedonia for God's sake. 

It's tragic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep. That's how terrible they are. 

But without our most elite players performing Steve Gerrard style moments of magic Southgate has zero idea what to do about them. 

100 percent. Sorry to say I was kind of still half on the fence about England before tonight, but this is a total waste of talent. I want the last 90 minutes of my life back.

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Rashford has been beyond terrible.

For 6 months, still gets picked for England.

Maguire shit for 2 or 3 years, still gets picked.

Philips can’t get on the pitch for City, gets picked.

So many others who shouldn’t be there. No problem they look a mess.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

The players might now have a laugh and a joke together while having a game of darts, but apart from that, has this team improved much over the 7 years Southgate has been here.

That's where I am, not really... And this is the England set up that won everything at youth level too, he's had a better talent pool than Roy and I don't think the players are as abject and dejected but in terms of the tactics it's every bit as bad

• Like 1

Â