England v Malta/North Macedonia

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Strog said:

Feel for Watkins too. I fear Nosegate will never give him a decent opportunity- while he’s at Villa.

He needed to make this chance count tbh, because unless he gives very good reasons otherwise, I reckon he'll be dropping behind Toney again before the euros. Not that either of them will play a minute in the euros unless Kane is injured.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

He just wasn't in the game. If I was looking for a call up, I'd work my knackers off, that's all.

He did work, we just didn't get him on the ball, same as we don't get kane on the ball most games hence why he plays so deep

And would you run your knackers off? Kane gets 95% of the minutes, hard to know what goes on in the camps but back up England striker can't be that much fun in all honesty, he's making up the numbers

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Wilson for me, he gets to hear the CL theme tune from the bench

Maybe, neither would surprise me, but I think Southgate showed his intent selecting Toney when it was bloody clear he was about to be suspended and miss most of the season. Baffling decision, but he's nothing if not stubborn and willing to double down.

Just now, Zatman said:

I hope Konsa had a nice vacation to the Balkans

I do wonder how he must feel as a professional footballer playing really good stuff, having to sit on the bench, watching Maguire with his red nose and juggling balls, having to appear grateful to be included.

Â