England v Malta/North Macedonia

andykeenan

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Sorry guys, love our Watkins, but that's what a top striker does. 30 seconds and totally misses a header that then gets turned in by the surprised defender. 

Take your claret and blue glasses off. Your surely not comparing Ollie with Kane.

Just now, Kingman said:

Love Dion but holy **** man, stick to flipping terraces in Stoke 

I feel sorry for professional sports broadcasters who work their arse off for years, earning the right to commentate on professional football, only to have to try and have a sensible conversation with **** idiots like Dublin and Savage.

Watkins did miss a free header didn't he? Or was it one of those "would have been offside anyway"? The commentators didn't seem to mention it, focusing on the rice shot that hit the post instead.

He didn't have much to go on, but what he did he didn't exactly cover himself in glory with. 

Just glad he's off injury free after a 60 minute run out anyway. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Take your claret and blue glasses off. Your surely not comparing Ollie with Kane.

Not sure how but I think you're confusing me taking the piss out of your post with me comparing Ollie with Kane. 

• Haha 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

He's obviously not at that level

But that goal was nothing to do with the difference in quality

And Southgate is killing England's 2nd strikers, none of them get a proper chance, Ollie should have played 90 mins vs Malta and probably all of tonight too

• Like 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

And Southgate is killing England's 2nd strikers, none of them get a proper chance, Ollie should have played 90 mins vs Malta and probably all of tonight too

He just wasn't in the game. If I was looking for a call up, I'd work my knackers off, that's all.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Indeed, and it isn't about Watkins, several other strikers have been completely neglected in that understudy role. With very few exceptions, tonight being one, for years Southgate has shown he'd rather use friendlies and dead rubber qualification games to let Kane pad the stats than let other strikers get used to playing in the team.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Might be a diver yeah, but that's what world class striker does, score goals when you need them.

Feel a bit sorry for Watkins.

Feel for Watkins too. I fear Nosegate will never give him a decent opportunity- while he’s at Villa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Watkins did miss a free header didn't he? Or was it one of those "would have been offside anyway"? The commentators didn't seem to mention it, focusing on the rice shot that hit the post instead.

He didn't have much to go on, but what he did he didn't exactly cover himself in glory with. 

Just glad he's off injury free after a 60 minute run out anyway. 

He had a couple of quarter chances. Had nothing to work with. 

Â