England v Malta/North Macedonia

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

As always.maybe him and Watkins are better to be not involved with this manager. Then a fresh start under a new manager in Sept with no favourites.

I think pretty much every England manager I’ve known (starting with Ron Greenwood) have always had their favourites. There’s definitely a bias and I’m convinced the FA tell them to pick certain players. It’s so corrupt. Oh for a manager who can actually coach a team and has the guts and single mindedness to pick form players.

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

I know it's hard to see him in charge now, but we'll all get the last laugh when he leaves England, doesn't get a decent job, then relegates the first team that takes a chance on him.

That's my dream anyway.

He won't get any job. No one above League 1 would touch him and he thinks he's above that.

The ONLY job I see him getting is the Saudi Arabia manager job. Which is why he was so supportive of Henderson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

In my lifetime I don’t think we’ve had a likeable England manager except Euro 2020 Southgate. I can’t stand the man now. But I do also fear what comes next. 

FA will want Howe, if he don't leave Newcastle, Potter, I'd have DiZerbi all day long.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

In my lifetime I don’t think we’ve had a likeable England manager except Euro 2020 Southgate. I can’t stand the man now. But I do also fear what comes next. 

We could approach Postecoglou when Levy gets bored, or takes offence over how he takes his coffee and sacks another one.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I know it's hard to see him in charge now, but we'll all get the last laugh when he leaves England, doesn't get a decent job, then relegates the first team that takes a chance on him.

That's my dream anyway.

He's got no future in top club management. He wouldn't have a clue tactically. Other coaches would rip him to shreds and the players would see straight through him. He'd lose the dressing room first season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

He won't get any job. No one above League 1 would touch him and he thinks he's above that.

The ONLY job I see him getting is the Saudi Arabia manager job. Which is why he was so supportive of Henderson.

The like of Crystal Palace would take him. He's got a good rep within the media circles.

International manager is no longer a big job. 

They earn far more at the big clubs. It's now a job for second or third tier coaches, former top coaches on their way down or someonee  who just wants it on their CV for personal reasons. 

• Like 1

Rob Green

Former England goalkeeper on BBC Radio 5 Live

Gareth Southgate would have been looking at the game at one nil down and thinking 'I don't want a loss on our qualifying record', certainly not in this game.

The one obvious switch is Harry Kane. Can you bring him on in another role to accomodate others such as Ollie Watkins for him to have more game time? Well then you would be watering down the effectiveness of the best striker in the world.

I don't think he had much of an option.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/67404802

And then he proceeded to do absolutely **** all too.

The way they don't even remotely criticise Southgate is just embarassing

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why would any of them want the job?

Money. You get paid a fortune to work as a part manager. The qualification phase for tournaments is also a procession so effectively you've 2 months work every two years. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's noticeably dropping and the frustration is creeping in

There's a reason he's going next summer, I think they can all see what's coming

Still think the word removed will end up being knighted

Knighted for being a failure. That’s about right and sums the Country up!

Â