England v Malta/North Macedonia

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Saka and Foden have been diabolical. They should be running rings round this lot. 

I do agree with you, but it would help if they didn't have to beat 5 players on their own to get into the penalty box.

16 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

None of this England team's poor performance is on Ollie. 

Kane has been on the pitch for over a 20 minutes and not had any kind of chance presented to him other than a corner kick that went beyond him for the own goal. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He had a couple of quarter chances. Had nothing to work with. 

Agree, they were quarter chances, maybe one approaching half a chance. (maybe two if that free header wasn't offside).

But its also true that he did make nothing of them.

Not many strikers would have to be fair, but you don't stand out doing nothing with the limited opportunities that come your way. He didn't even convert any of them to a shot on target, or a chance for a teammate.

Kind of highlights how limited England are. We only play with a Kane that drops deep and does the job of a midfielder, so no surprise they're clueless playing without him. 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't understand why Safegate wouldn't just give him a run out, 20 minutes in a nothing game that's all.

Because he plays for us..

Palmer scores 4 penalties for a average Chelsea team and gets immediately called up and plays in both games.

Konsa is a stand out in a top 4 contender and makes up the numbers.

Now a Phillips/Rice double pivot at 1-1 with 10 to go.

The bloke is a word removed.

• Like 4

I stayed watching thinking Konsa might get a chance, being as he's shown at villa lately that he can help create from the back.

I figured Southgate with his defensive first approach would give him a run out.

But no.

He does bring on Philips though -_-

Â