England v Malta/North Macedonia

andykeenan

Burn's limited + injured currently. Tyriek Mitchell seems to have been discarded, thought he was next in line in terms of actual left backs. We could really do with some more players coming through in that position.

Shame Konsa not got a go, but hopefully gets on 2nd half

Have to say I actually really like that front 6 on paper.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Put this in the internation thread, but belongs here.

Nice of him to give Watkins a start tonight,  being that all the players have complained the pitch is shite. 

Don't wanna risk any injuries for the likes of Kane, hey Gareth?

Not really the game to experiment, as it really needs a good performance after the borefest that was Malta. But we know why he's done it, as above, he really reads like a book.

Yeah, just wants the second string to go back ****. Watkins, Saka, Maguire, Walker, rice.... :D 

The victim complex among Villa fans when it comes to England is **** ridiculous. People would be screaming the place down if he started Kane again.

Good to see Watkins get a game, hope he gets some goals and stays fit. Don’t know what we gain from playing Maguire in this, I’d have started Konsa. 

Saying that now I’m hearing them talk about the dodgy pitch, I’m glad Konsa isn’t starting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I mean generally. In other positions. 

Yeah get that but in all seriousness England have a left back problem, shaw and Chilwell are unreliable with their injuries, Colwill has been playing there for Chelsea and would probably have been given a chance but he pulled out (and has now been called up for 6 games and has 1 sub appearance to his name) like I said surprised he didn't look at burn, he did look at Mitchell but after that there's not a fat lot out there, our best LB is trippier who has only ever played there for England

The disappointing thing for me is that he hasn't done the same in midfield, I'd rather a 17 year old with 4 games for man city was in the squad over Henderson

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah, just wants the second string to go back ****. Watkins, Saka, Maguire, Walker, rice.... :D 

The victim complex among Villa fans when it comes to England is **** ridiculous. People would be screaming the place down if he started Kane again.

I take your victim complex and raise you LFC!!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Tbf it was a disgrace that they made a feature about Kane in pre-match but only gave Watkins a brief interview pitch-side. Absolute f*** disrespect man! ;)

• Like 1

The way Rice plays with his body either sideways or his back to goal annoys me, as it did for Petrov when he played for us. You know they have it in them to be more adventurous, but they play it too safe. Maybe I'm just so used to Luiz and Kamara who are so adept at getting on the half turn

Â