Ratings & Reactions: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/11/23 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

One of those days. Thought we played well at times, but just lacked the quality to unlock a well drilled defence, and then got sucker punched a couple of times which was always going to be their game plan… they executed well.

We look much better when we can use our pace and attack on the transition. In this game it was tighter and suited a more technical approach in and around the box, which we just weren’t able to execute.

I gave MOTM to Luiz because he was tidy but tbh everyone was poor today. Some nice moments from Digne and Torres in possession, but nothing to write home about.

On to the next game 

I agree, but we also had a lot of potential chances that could have been goals just if executed a little bit cohesively and better. I think the players just didn't read each other that well today which lead to misunderstandings and botched opportunities. On a different day we win this game imo. We're capable of playing against teams sitting back these days.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

Just now, allani said:

Expecting a massive amount of hyperbole and over-reaction.  Forest had two half-chances that went in - we had a lot more and none of them went in.  It happens.  We'll play worse this season and score 3 or 4. 

The point is - how many times in the last 30 years have I felt that at 2-0 down with 20 minutes, 15 minutes or even 10 minutes to play, if we score 1 we could go on and score 2 or 3.  It didn't happen today.  But I reckon if we had scored in the 86th minutes today we leave with at least 1 point, possibly all three.  That's not something that we've been able to claim for a long time.

Disappointing but encouraging at the same time.

Yep

• Like 2

Can anyone explain picking Digne for MotM? He had a lot of the ball and did precisely nothing with it. Worst exhibition of crossing I’ve seen in sometime.

He was one of the worst on the pitch for me. Along with Dougie and Zaniolo. 

• Like 3

Bullied by a much more physical team. Sloppy 2nd goal. For me the answer is not Zaniolo or Bailey. Diarby needs to be better he isn't living upto his price tag. Emer needs to find a system for us on the road because this is just not good enough. Well done Forest they were fantastic in defence. Oh, and a side note I'm seeing far to much throwing ourselves to the ground expecting free kicks, stop it all of you.

The over reliance on Digne was annoying… got to be more to our play and there usually is.

Constantly trying to cross against this lot was a bit silly.

Had some chances but no one had their shooting boots on.

An off day for everyone, even big Emi.

Just now, Wurzel said:

Bullied by a much more physical team. Sloppy 2nd goal. For me the answer is not Zaniolo or Bailey. Diarby needs to be better he isn't living upto his price tag. Emer needs to find a system for us on the road because this is just not good enough. Well done Forest they were fantastic in defence. Oh, and a side note I'm seeing far to much throwing ourselves to the ground expecting free kicks, stop it all of you.

Yep, has long been one of our main deficiencies and struggles.

Forest’s central midfield was the definition of SOLID.

Villa could have played another 90 minutes and not scored. Forest much the better team today.

Apart from the Watkins chance which he should have buried Villa created very little going forward. Forest doubled up on Diaby. and Bailey second half which nullified any threat Villa. I also had to check that Watkins was still playing after his miss but he had no service.

After a good performance in Europe Luiz again confirmed to me he’s well short of the accolades on here.

Villa need midfield upgrades in January to challenge for that 5th Champions League place as the midfield is just too similar.

Bad day at the office with no excuses and no Villa MOTM for me.

Edited by striker

5 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I'd expect the best keeper in the world to be comfortable saving a shot from outside the box by a player who is not a goalscorer.

But no. Twice.

Played into their hands perfectly. Frustrating.

I don’t think any keepers saving the first 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

The over reliance on Digne was annoying… got to be more to our play and there usually is.

Constantly trying to cross against this lot was a bit silly.

Had some chances but no one had their shooting boots on.

An off day for everyone, even big Emi.

They let our fullbacks have the ball as much as possible. 

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Poor, you have to beat teams like that if you want top 4, they are poor team. They spent a small fortune and can’t string 4 passes together but deserved to win. 

I'm not saying Villa weren't poor or anything, but it's something like only Newcastle and United that have beaten Forest in the league at the City Ground this calendar year. They're good at home and have gotten wins against Liverpool, Arsenal etc at home since getting promoted. City only managed a draw with them. Villa don't really have any right to expect to be rocking up and beating them, and failing to do so doesn't really prove that there's any ceiling to what we can do this season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Expecting a massive amount of hyperbole and over-reaction.  Forest had two half-chances that went in - we had a lot more and none of them went in.  It happens.  We'll play worse this season and score 3 or 4. 

The point is - how many times in the last 30 years have I felt that at 2-0 down with 20 minutes, 15 minutes or even 10 minutes to play, if we score 1 we could go on and score 2 or 3.  It didn't happen today.  But I reckon if we had scored in the 86th minutes today we leave with at least 1 point, possibly all three.  That's not something that we've been able to claim for a long time.

Disappointing but encouraging at the same time.

This is the way I see it. I think we were the better team overall even though we played crap today. You can tell that we are the stronger side and we win that game 8-9 times out of 10. Just one of those days when we concede the only chances against and just can't force our own chances in. It happens and I'm not at all discouraged by this game. Just a tad disappointed.

• Like 4

Other than Pau Torres, who played like a Quarter Back, that was the worst I've seen us this season as a collective. 

Gifted them 2 of the worst goals I've ever seen, so they could then just stick 10 behind the ball and we ran out of ideas. 

Emery bringing on Dendoncker was baffling, I'd have got Bertie on with 20 to play, he's unpredictable, can make something out of nothing and it was worth a shot. 

As for the ref, let's just say he's glad he's not my next door neighbour. He's useless. The amount of fouls they did and got away with was crazy, he was the same when we played a few weeks back and I hope he never refs us ever again. 

I hope we see a massive reaction and we absolutely toast AZ and Fulham. 

8 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

We just don't have the ability to come back when the opponent scores first.

Very bad sign of a weak mentality.

Expect that we did so the last two times we conceded first in the league?

3 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Can anyone explain picking Digne for MotM? He had a lot of the ball and did precisely nothing with it. Worst exhibition of crossing I’ve seen in sometime.

He was one of the worst on the pitch for me. Along with Dougie and Zaniolo. 

Every one of our players had the ball and did precisely nothing with it, Digne just had more of it. Who was your motm?