Weekends Football 3/5 November

andykeenan

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Boca Juniors versus Fluminese in the Copa Libertadores final starting in 10 minutes on BBC3 and iPlayer.

Cavani, Romero, Marcelo all playing.

The pitch is cutting up badly already

32 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You didn’t say anything about today. You said “this Newcastle team isn’t that impressive”. It’s bollocks - they are. And they’ll absolutely battle in games such as this. 

I'm not sure they are honestly. Maybe I need to watch them closer.

They're a 2023 Stoke with unlimited money.

Load of thugs. Bournemouth were incredibly dirty under Howe as well.

They don't play unbelievable football like City. They have some runners, and sprint around fouling people.

Obviously it's lovely for them they've found magical stamina juice as well. Comes with the unlimited money I suppose.

35 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Not sure if this is worthy of being in the Weeknd footnall thread, and yes I'm a sad bastard; Stevie's Al eltifuck just drew 0-0 at home to bottom side sleeping giant Al Read.

Ab67616d0000b273e095c61c6fa9999a6fc6ac99

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Haha arteta is furious he keeps saying it’s a disgrace it’s embrassing

I remember his similar vitriol last season when Arsenal got that offside goal vs us and Saka made that leg breaker on Moreno I think it was. Classless clearing in the woods

Seen the bayern goals including the disallowed one

Richards and Lescott stuff from dortmund, that line, positioning, tracking runners all horrific, most worrying should be if Harry Kane is outpacing your CBs like that you've got serious problems 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Qatari and Russian money already has. We sold our culture decades ago.

3 wrongs don't make a right eh? If you say it's already ruined, does that mean we should just keep ruining it? Kick the flat-lining dog in the yard instead of trying to revive it?

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

3 wrongs don't make a right eh? If you say it's already ruined, does that mean we should just keep ruining it? Kick the flat-lining dog in the yard instead of trying to revive it?

Not at all, I was just disagreeing with the statement that the saudis are the thing that will ruin our game. They'll make it worse, but anyone who thinks it was all ok until the Saudis came along and they're the thing we need to reign in has their head in the sand.

Personally, I think it's too far gone and I refuse to give a **** penny to this league any more (and I'm absolutely gutted that Emery has come along at a time that Premier League football generally disgusts me) , but I'm all for fighting the good fight. Just think it's important to start from the perspective of this infection already winning. Every single one of Man City's titles are illegitimate, it's going to take much more than stopping the Saudis from buying the league to save English football's soul.

Edited by Davkaus

42 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm not sure they are honestly. Maybe I need to watch them closer.

They're a 2023 Stoke with unlimited money.

Load of thugs. Bournemouth were incredibly dirty under Howe as well.

They don't play unbelievable football like City. They have some runners, and sprint around fouling people.

Obviously it's lovely for them they've found magical stamina juice as well. Comes with the unlimited money I suppose.

I said it before but its like MON team from his time here, a lot of big tall lads and speedy players on the counter. Get great results against the top teams but can come unstuck when need some creativity

Fabian Schar is the Newcastle James Collins, is a decent defender but would struggle to get in another top ten teams starting line up

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not at all, I was just disagreeing with the statement that the saudis are the thing that will ruin our game. They'll make it worse, but anyone who thinks it was all ok until the Saudis came along and they're the thing we need to reign in has their head in the sand.

They're not helping it.

IMO, Abramovich kicked things off, Man City just took the batten and made it worse.

And now, Newcastle owned by and Chelsea have links to the Saudi's are not helping matters any.

But when you have a corrupt FIFA bending over for them for the biggest rogering they can take, and a useless FA.. what hope is there.

Still waiting for the investigation on Man City's 115 breaches of FFP..  But don't hold you're breathe on that either because **** all will happen.

It's too late now to do anything because the Saudi's have too much say, like it's too late to do anything. Football is on it's arse, drowned in corruption, ran by gangsters.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

But when you have a corrupt FIFA bending over for them for the biggest rogering they can take, and a useless FA.. what hope is there.

Indeed. The farce of the government intervening to ram the Newcastle takeover through, and the disgrace around Saudi Arabia just being gifted a world cup due to Fifa rigging who was eligible for it has convinced me that things will get much, much worse before things ever get better. Personally I hope the whole rotten thing comes crashing down even if it means we go back to watching 22 unfit hungover blokes having a kickaround rather than elite doped up millionaires. 

I'm still hopelessly addicted to seeing the Villa win, but I vote with my wallet, it's all the power I've got.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Â