Weekends Football 3/5 November

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Brilliant strike, in extra time, to win the Copa Libertadores, celebrated by running into the crowd.

Second yellow and off. 

Mental.

Only came on in the 80th minute.

Booked, scored, booked again for the celebration, sent off :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Whats impressive is that they keep performing so much better than they are on paper, the team and especially the squad is not that good

Even as momentum and feel good it should have slowed down by now and it's seemingly not

You can guarantee that a lot of people are saying exactly the same thing about us. 

• Like 1

Just now, NoelVilla said:

I have never watched South American football before. They are all a bit loco aren't they?

Staring at 15 minutes a goal down but a man up and the idiot gets himself sent off for nothing. Madness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I have never watched South American football before. They are all a bit loco aren't they?

Imagine what Rio is going to be like this evening if Fluminense win! 

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Brilliant strike, in extra time, to win the Copa Libertadores, celebrated by running into the crowd.

Second yellow and off. 

Mental.

John Kennedy, you dont get a more Brazilian name than that

21 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Well I imagine Flamengo supporters won't be happy. Wonder who drinks in town there.

Flamengo used to be the most supported club in the world before the social media/plastic fans brigade started popping up 

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm not sure they are honestly. Maybe I need to watch them closer.

They're a 2023 Stoke with unlimited money.

Load of thugs. Bournemouth were incredibly dirty under Howe as well.

They don't play unbelievable football like City. They have some runners, and sprint around fouling people.

Obviously it's lovely for them they've found magical stamina juice as well. Comes with the unlimited money I suppose.

Yeah, they’re combative in the middle of the park but they’re also just incredibly well disciplined in what they do. They don’t play technically unbelievable football like City because they don’t have the best footballers in the World. Like us, they’ve found a system and style of play which is getting results.

The PED/magic juice stuff is just embarrassing but each to their own. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, they’re combative in the middle of the park but they’re also just incredibly well disciplined in what they do. They don’t play technically unbelievable football like City because they don’t have the best footballers in the World. Like us, they’ve found a system and style of play which is getting results.

The PED/magic juice stuff is just embarrassing but each to their own. 

Easier to accept the obvious than fight it because of silly things like the rules.

Liverpool's drop off was incredibly noticeable when they had to ease off the special stuff.

Newcastle style of play is nothing like City by an stretch of the imagination, not even sure why that would be suggested, their style isn't even close to ours, never mind Man City, ours is a kind of football that gives pleasure to the eyes through it's beauty, and that's not me speaking, it's common refrain I've seen from fans of other clubs, Newcastle are more like a better version of David Moyes' West Ham, not saying that that's a bad thing, they've found something that works for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Well I imagine Flamengo supporters won't be happy. Wonder who drinks in town there.

I think all their fans live in Bromsgrove and Lichfield. 

5 hours ago, useless said:

Newcastle style - Newcastle are more like a better version of Sean Dyche team

FTFY

And whatever "supplements" Howe is giving them is very suspicious.

Bruno G runs around like he's coked up or on crystal meth.

Â