Weekends Football 3/5 November

andykeenan

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Easier to accept the obvious than fight it because of silly things like the rules.

Liverpool's drop off was incredibly noticeable when they had to ease off the special stuff.

We’ve gone from relegation candidates to the second best performing team in the league in 2023.

Must be the special stuff. Or is it only other teams that do it?

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We’ve gone from relegation candidates to the second best performing team in the league in 2023.

Must be the special stuff. Or is it only other teams that do it?

If you think it's down to our endless running, believe whatever you like sir.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Well I don’t think Newcastle’s success is down to endless running so… 

Nor me but the endless running would play in to my thinking that's it's still the buzz around the place, why do they seemingly run more than the other team? The crowd, the atmosphere, the positivity

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Chelsea and utd statistically are among the worst in the league for things like distance covered and those kind of metrics, us and Newcastle who are flying are among the best

Sometimes football is just that simple, teams surrounded by negativity put in less effort than teams surrounded by positivity

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nor me but the endless running would play in to my thinking that's it's still the buzz around the place, why do they seemingly run more than the other team? The crowd, the atmosphere, the positivity

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Chelsea and utd statistically are among the worst in the league for things like distance covered and those kind of metrics, us and Newcastle who are flying are among the best

Sometimes football is just that simple, teams surrounded by negativity put in less effort than teams surrounded by positivity

Don’t be daft, it’s PEDs.

Unless it’s Aston Villa.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, villan95 said:

Swindon 0-7 Aldershot in the FA cup after an hour 🤨

In case you are wondering, as well as I’m an Aston Villa fan, but I’m always a Aldershot fan too because Aldershot are my local team.

I couldn’t go yesterday due to work.

I was struggling to get the game on BBC Surrey because my understanding is BBC Local Radio stations have to pay the FA a fee to broadcast games and BBC Surrey haven’t got the budget.

For those interested what time the FA Cup 2nd round draw, it is at 2.30pm on ITV1.

• Like 1

There's a huge difference between how we and Newcastle play.

Newcastle are relentless and play at 100mph home and away. We are sort of team that for spells in halves will slow the pace right down and draw the opposition out before pinging a ball over the top, we'll do it a few times today.

Both teams do have outstanding defensive structures, Arsenal hardly created a serious chance yesterday and we last conceded more than one goal in a prem match on 3rd September.

15 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Luton started pretty well here. Why does Townsend have Townsend SR on his shirt now?

Because he's an old word removed.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Louis said:

In case you are wondering, as well as I’m an Aston Villa fan, but I’m always a Aldershot fan too because Aldershot are my local team.

I couldn’t go yesterday due to work.

I was struggling to get the game on BBC Surrey because my understanding is BBC Local Radio stations have to pay the FA a fee to broadcast games and BBC Surrey haven’t got the budget.

For those interested what time the FA Cup 2nd round draw, it is at 2.30pm on ITV1.

Aldershot v Stockport County. Pity that Louie Barry is injured.

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If Liverpool drop points here...

🤬

It will make our loss not as bad. I want Liverpool to drop points so we can keep pace with them. 

Edited by It's Your Round
Sorry forgot, and because I bloody hate them!
  • Like 1

Â