Weekends Football 3/5 November

andykeenan

Just now, MaVilla said:

tbh, if you did the top down view of that, i bet a 0.1mm slither of the ball is on the line.....

Exactly. People who comment about football on Twitter full time should really know how camera angles and spherical objects work by now

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

Seemed very apparent to me on the visual they showed that ball was clearly over the line….I’m gobsmacked that the goal has stood 

We didn't see an angle that can prove the ball was in/out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure that picture proves the ball is out - is the edge of the ball overhanging the line? 

If it ism then it's in play.

I took a referee course last weekend, and this was one of the major things that was spoken about. If there is even a slight part of the ball overhanging the line, it's in play. There was not a clear angle (which is surprising) that shows if it was definitively out or not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

Someone posted one above, it looked like it from the naked eye!

Just because you can see grass from that angle in front of the ball doesn't mean you would if we were directly above the ball which is what matters.

Im Baffled that with all their tech they can’t find a way to ascertain it

They do have this tech, they're just not showing us, for....reasons.

Suprised they didn't just use the push by Joelinton as an excuse to disallow the goal and forget about any 'was the ball in/out', which they clearly didnt know. Wouldn't exactly have been controversial to rule it out for that.

But then its Newcastle benefitting...

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We didn't see an angle that can prove the ball was in/out.

How many camera angles in the ground and they can't find one that proves it's in/out 100%, surely that's a big issue. Just have one hovering over all four corner flags and then you can tell.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just because you can see grass from that angle in front of the ball doesn't mean you would if we were directly above the ball which is what matters.

They do have this tech, they're just not showing us, for....reasons.

Ah I see that makes sense, thanks for letting me know!

this arsenal team got a 2-2 draw against Chelsea last week and now look like they are going to lose, been a poor couple of weeks from them!

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

How many camera angles in the ground and they can't find one that proves it's in/out 100%, surely that's a big issue. Just have one hovering over all four corner flags and then you can tell.

They'll have the image that prove sit, just like they have all the images with lines, but decide not to broadcast it, which seems bonkers, because not sharing it just fuels conspiracy theories.

• Thanks 1

Â