Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Luton

limpid

Match Polls  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/10/23 at 23:59

First time in a while we haven't been clinical in front of goal. Zaniolo early on, then Watkins' chance, Bailey firing wide and McGinn's scuff could all have gone in and made it a rout. Businesslike performance. 

Ref annoyed me. Some harsh cards and silly decisions like not playing advantages. Didn't really have any massive decisions to make though.

Seems like we opted to preserve energy the last half hour. Sensible, but would have liked a fourth for my 4-1 bet. 

I don't think I've ever been to a game knowing we will win before. It made me oddly impatient despite the fact we were winning. Fair play to the players, extends our winning home run into another month. Up to nine months now since a team took a point from Villa Park. 

Won easily against poor opposition, it seemed pretty quiet in the ground today. Diaby was very good and Bailey was an upgrade on Zaniola at half time.

Nice to sit there knowing you will be getting three points after ten minutes, shame about the goal conceded but we look a good team.

Just home from the match. Villa were so in control that they seemed to run out of ideas. Instead of racking up a cricket score, they killed time. As for the Luton fans, they clearly just want to enjoy their sole season in the Prem and see the money earned pay for their new stadium.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I was right behind that.  I think it’s the first time I’ve ever been in the lower North but was maybe ten yards from the chance and to be fair it was a hell of a save. 

One thing about being so close to the pitch is the little things you see players do that are easy to miss. I didn’t realise Dibu and Pau had such a bromance going on, they were acting like an old married couple at times and it was fun to see Diaby struggling to believe that Zaniolo missed the chance after five minutes, he stopped to watch the replay on the big screen just to see what happened. 😆

Yes it did seem a good save. I said to my son was that a bad miss or great save and he said it was both. We were sat upper trinity . I thought Pau was very good today and seems to be growing in confidence .