Match Thread: AZ Alkmaar v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

The commentator is decent, seems like he knows his stuff, but his claim that our PL goal difference is +24 is a bit uhh citation needed

AZ is +25 in the league, we've scored 23 goals in the league. 

Could also be factoring our shellacking of hibs

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

All you Bailey haters, I suggest you phone an Uber and go the same way of the McGinn haters.

Oh gosh there was no McGinn haters we just hated his performances for nearly two seasons. Emery has simplified his game , improved his tactical awareness and his fitness has improved.

Tired old statement. 

• Like 1

Just now, mrchnry said:

I wanna play one of the big boys in the league now. A real test of our intent 

Tottenham is the first chance to really show what we're about. Big test, and if we win the next 3 it could be to go top.

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

This is quite a statement. AZ are no mugs - only lost once all season, and haven't lost at home in Europe for about 3 years or something

Should have been the toughest game of the 6 you'd think, but they've been naive enough to come and try and beat us in an open game of football

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Might be total for the season including league and cups possibly, but yes, GD of +10 in the PL.

He must be reading this as he’s just clarified 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Should have been the toughest game of the 6 you'd think, but they've been naive enough to come and try and beat us in an open game of football

Given their home record it's not naive 

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Might be total for the season including league and cups possibly, but yes, GD of +10 in the PL.

He just clarified Premier League for the calendar year (i.e. under Unai's reign)