Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Vikings who settled in England were considered clean freaks. An English priest at the time mockingly wrote that they changed underwear every second day, and bathed once a week. While the english during this time only bathed maybe once or twice a year Haha...i hope this is still not the case ;)

I read on the back of a packet of Cadbury's chocolate the other day that "The colour purple is a trademark of the Cadbury company" or words to that effect.

A real head scratcher that was.

I read on the back of a packet of Cadbury's chocolate the other day that "The colour purple is a trademark of the Cadbury company" or words to that effect.

I guess it applies to selling chocolate! Similarly the Porsche 911 was originally sold as the 901 but was forced to change as Peugeot had a trademark on all 3 digit numbers where the middle digit was 0.

Vikings who settled in England were considered clean freaks. An English priest at the time mockingly wrote that they changed underwear every second day, and bathed once a week. While the english during this time only bathed maybe once or twice a year Haha...i hope this is still not the case ;)

That is apparently true - it's all in Bede's histories. 

By all accounts it caused a lot of aggro with the local lads, as the English girls quickly transferred their affections from the dirty Brits to the clean Vikings. Lots of cases of annoyed locals getting into knife fights with the incomers over it. 

Has the ring of truth. 

To be fair, the Vikings did land in Yorkshire. 

I guess it applies to selling chocolate! Similarly the Porsche 911 was originally sold as the 901 but was forced to change as Peugeot had a trademark on all 3 digit numbers where the middle digit was 0.

aRXASJ7.jpg

Remember in the mid 1990s when Brian Lara scored 501 not out for Warwickshire?    Warwickshire CCC wanted to sell commemorative T-Shirts but couldn't put the number 501 on them because of the trademark held by Levi jeans.  They came up with some half arsed "500 + one" design instead. 

• Like 1

This is very much still the case - if you wear a small heath shirt

Yep, they have trademarked that particular shade of purple, bit you're only going to infringe on the trademark if you're marketing a competing chocolate bar in that colour. ANZ Bank have also trademarked the colour blue that they use for their logo. 

Ironically, I believe Peugeot were stopped from branding the 1007 as the "One Double-Oh Seven" because of James Bond (obviously)

So I guess that's Karma.

Edited by Stevo985

• 3 weeks later...

The girl in the bruce willis sky advert is the daughter of my missus' boss

the daughter of your missus' boss has just been on sky news...I would hate that, just sitting down eating your dinner watching some shite on TV and you are confronted with your own hideous mug on a wide screen TV

I would get sick of seeing myself

Can you ask her why If she is completely " unlimited " ...why does she have a picture of her and her boyfriend with a love heart on her desk ?

Whilst attending a wedding last year, we noticed a chap who looked remarkably like James from the James & The Giant Peach film.  Turned out it actually was James from the James & The Giant Peach film.  Didn't chat to him, he spent most of the evening doing the mashed potato and an array of other jesticulative dance moves.

Can you ask her why If she is completely " unlimited " ...why does she have a picture of her and her boyfriend with a love heart on her desk ?

Because she's just been given the opportunity to hook up with Bruce Willis?

Just another bit of Trivia for you Tony on that one, it was filmed in Budapest

• Like 1

Â