Jareth

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

love this mate, a brilliant memory, especially as a dad whos now taking his own son. Im hoping to bank a few of these ourselves.

Stick as many in the bank as you can mate, they’ll keep you warm for the bad days, which I hope are firmly in the past now! UTV. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Conference league is just a glorified Intertoto Cup

In terms of status the Conference League is regarded as a major trophy but the Intertoto Cup was not so a clear difference there.

Opposition fans seem to get more wound up about Villa challenging for the title when the vast majority of Villa fans seem to be just enjoying the results and what will be will be.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, but a trophy would be lovely wouldn’t it?

Absolutely, but I'd hate to miss out on Champions League or even the league title because of player exhaustion and injury exacerbated by Conference League demands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Opposition fans seem to get more wound up about Villa challenging for the title when the vast majority of Villa fans seem to be just enjoying the results and what will be will be.

Yep all the fans of West Ham and below are a bit jealous, thinking if we can do it why can't they,

The 'Big six' at first were like 'ahh look at them doing well', now it's turning into anger almost 'how dare they be challenging us. Next step will be fear that they can't stop us.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yep all the fans of West Ham and below are a bit jealous, thinking if we can do it why can't they,

The 'Big six' at first were like 'ahh look at them doing well', now it's turning into anger almost 'how dare they be challenging us. Next step will be fear that they can't stop us.

What’s after that? Denial?

• Haha 1

Tough tests without Kamara, I’ve been worried because of that. Usually Emery and our players handles pressure well. Dendonker playing after long time (well he did job against Arsenal and last season our best games were with him). I’m just worried about playing the same way with him, even Kamara kept mistaken until learning. 
Youri would have been a good choice to have as well, hopefully Lenglet will do a good job as he’s a good player going forward (direct replacement for Pau).

• Like 1

Regarding League, FA or Conference. I think it’s too early to ask, there are no Conference games until March so until then nothing to worry about. For FA Cup it’s lesser games but tougher than the Conference, for me as we have easier fixture (and we haven’t been ale to qualify since I’m not when). Just win that, we don’t play many in January and it’s not a midweek game anyway. Win that and see who we draw with. The schedule until March won’t have many contradictions. Until then we’ll hopefully add some players to the squad, Buendia hopefully back. So we might be able to rotate more. Also we can decide depending on our league place, if we’re up there we’d give it the best team but we shall also do what we’ve done in Europe so far, rotate and see were it takes us. 
FA cup are 5 games or four which takes you to the final. I think 2 or 3 of them are before March. 
FA and Conference finals should be after the league finish.

22 hours ago, maqroll said:

Conference league is just a glorified Intertoto Cup

Nah, Intertoto was a pre-season tournament to qualify for Europe proper.

The Conference League is the third tier of European football, basically on par with the Cup Winners Cup when it was European Cup, Uefa Cup and Cup Winners Cup. 

Europa League then combined Uefa Cup and Cup Winners Cup.  The Europa League then became too big with too many teams, so they split in into two. So you could say the Conference League is like division 2 of the Europa League.

I agree though that priority is The League. But i'd put Conference League second seeing that we are only 4 rounds away from winning it and a couple of those rounds should be easy enough to get through (unless we get unlucky with the draw).  

Whereas the FA Cup is much harder to win and we have to get through many rounds.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

If we won tonight and Arsenal / Liverpool drew tomorrow, I'd back us to stay top for most of January. However the Kamara / Tielemans / Pau absences across the two remaining fixtures of the year do make that a tougher ask.

8 minutes ago, Folski said:

The belittling from Neville “I think they will drop back, Aston Villa, but if they were to drop back to 5th or 6th that would still be a great season.”

There is no evidence to say we will drop back.

1 hour ago, Folski said:

The belittling from Neville “I think they will drop back, Aston Villa, but if they were to drop back to 5th or 6th that would still be a great season.”

**** him. He's wearing a hoodie and I'm guessing stained (© @mottaloo) grey marl joggers on prime time telly.

• Haha 2