Jareth

21 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Im not so sure I actually want us to win the league, but hear me out 

I genuinely believe the excitement would be too much for my body to take in ultimately leading to severe health issues , i would not be able to handle that my much joy . 

is this not okay or can everyone understand 😂

I would be bouncing off the walls because this is one thing you dream of but you are certain it wont happen, fa cups and europe is one thing but the league! Wow 

I've never felt my heart beat so fast as it did in the play off final - I too would need to watch the final few games from behind the sofa. 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

I genuinely believe the excitement would be too much for my body to take in ultimately leading to severe health issues , i would not be able to handle that my much joy . 

I would be bouncing off the walls because this is one thing you dream of but you are certain it wont happen, fa cups and europe is one thing but the league! Wow 

Id die happy and take the gold tbh mate

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

My Fitbit registered me as having a workout when watching the penalty shoot out against Albion. 

• Haha 1

On 18/12/2023 at 08:59, turvontour said:

Pundits part not understanding what we are doing and part trying to dismiss it in their own minds.

Villa will tail off because they don't have any squad depth. They only beat Man City because they had a couple of injuries and a suspension.

??????????????

Not picking on you but what pundits have said this?

Everything I've seen/heard around that game has basically said we blew them away.

I've seen articles and pundits mention things like City not having Rodri, but it's never given as the reason we beat them

I'd say it's been one of the most unanimous "Villa were **** amazing" reactions I've ever seen to be honest

Edit: sorry I didn't realise I was replying to such an old post

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I've never felt my heart beat so fast as it did in the play off final - I too would need to watch the final few games from behind the sofa. 

Be strong mate! I had a stroke back in May so if I can do it I’m sure you can too!! 😂

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mantis said:

When was that? Must've been a while ago.

19 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Was that in August? I got 100/1 and then 80/1 in September early October. But I didn't shop around so there were probably prices better elsewhere.

Before the season started yes. I guess we peaked after the Newcastle game though.

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Seeing Villa win the league? 

Pfft. Completed it, mate. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Your death is a sacrifice we are willing to make, I'm sure you understand 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

My Dad, who’s sadly now a HEITS, had a triple heart bypass and was on medication, when I took him to see our match against Milan which we won on penalties. Dad took a pil before the game and popped another couple when it went to extra time! a bloke in the row behind i us asked him if he could have one too! Dad lived past that game and longer too, not long enough of course as it never is. But it was a hell of a game! And he saw us through the third division and all the way back to the top, including those times when  made the league cup our own. Enjoy your view from the place you’re in now Dad, we’re in good hands!

love this mate, a brilliant memory, especially as a dad whos now taking his own son. Im hoping to bank a few of these ourselves.

On 18/12/2023 at 16:46, GingerCollins29 said:

Don't think we will, but if you were Emery, would you sacrifice a potential FA Cup run by playing the youth team against boro to focus on the ECL and title/top 4?

IMO the priority should be

1. League

2. F.A. Cup

3. Conference League

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

IMO the priority should be

1. League

2. F.A. Cup

3. Conference League

I’m not (quite) as fussed about the FA Cup, I’d rather the league was ultimate priority (given where we are now) and then let’s wait and see how the FA Cup goes.

I think if we rotate a bit but still get through a FA few rounds then it move up the priority list a bit, but for me it’s league, then Europa conference league then fa cup. 

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m not (quite) as fussed about the FA Cup, I’d rather the league was ultimate priority (given where we are now) and then let’s wait and see how the FA Cup goes.

I think if we rotate a bit but still get through a FA few rounds then it move up the priority list a bit, but for me it’s league, then Europa conference league then fa cup. 

Conference league is just a glorified Intertoto Cup