Jareth

20 minutes ago, turvontour said:

4 of our next 7 games are against the bottom 4.

They said the last two games will define our season potential but honestly it's these ones. The games we should win we have to be merciless and bring home 3 points nearly every single time. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

They said the last two games will define our season potential but honestly it's these ones. The games we should win we have to be merciless and bring home 3 points nearly every single time. 

I felt deep down we would beat Arsenal and City. I’m weirdly less confident about the lower teams. They won’t underestimate us (but we will underestimate them) and our players all seem to be characters who favour a big challenge 

5 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

We don't wanna do what Leicester did we wanna build and build and build... 

Our owners money isn't sourced from Duty Free Shopping that was rocked by Covid. We will build and build etc with these owners

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Problem is we all know when KDB returns they have it in them to go on a 20 game winning run

He's a winner. I will never forget the way he (and Gundogan) put the team on their back when they came from behind to beat us on the last day of the season. One of my favorite non-Villa players of recent years.

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

I felt deep down we would beat Arsenal and City. I’m weirdly less confident about the lower teams. They won’t underestimate us (but we will underestimate them) and our players all seem to be characters who favour a big challenge 

Fans might, but the team won't.

If we were to take the lead before Arsenal do on Sunday, we'd go top of the As It Stands table 🤣

I'm generally a negative (realistic?!) person in all aspects of life, and especially Villa, but if you can't dream now... When can you?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m normally pretty pessimistic and still think we will end up 6th… but if you look out out next 11 fixtures…

Brentford (a)

Sheffield United (h)

Manchester United (a)

Burnley (h)

Everton (a)

Newcastle United (h)

Sheffield United (a)

Manchester United (h)

Fulham (a)

Nottingham Forest (h)

Luton (a)

Dare I say that looks like a relatively nice set of fixtures? And if we repeat last seasons results we are still higher than 2 points per game.

Edited by birdistheword

9 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

I’m normally pretty pessimistic and still think we will end up 6th… but if you look out out next 11 fixtures…

Brentford (a)

Sheffield United (h)

Manchester United (a)

Burnley (h)

Everton (a)

Newcastle United (h)

Sheffield United (a)

Manchester United (h)

Fulham (a)

Nottingham Forest (h)

Luton (a)

Dare I say that looks like a relatively nice set of fixtures? And if we repeat last seasons results we are still higher than 2 points per game.

Well yes it's against an average team of about 15th in the league. 

We've just got through our hard spell of fixtures against Man City, Spurs Arsenal.

36 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Well they’ve underestimated Forest, Bournemouth and everyone we have played in the conference. I’m way more confident of Villa against a big six team. 

Your reasoning here seems to be that every time we've failed to beat an inferior team, we've underestimated them? I don't think that's the case most of the time. Sometimes players just aren't good enough on the day.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Well yes it's against an average team of about 15th in the league. 

We've just got through our hard spell of fixtures against Man City, Spurs Arsenal.

And Bournemouth! They probably gave us the toughest game out the four. 😁 They’re seemingly right in form now as well.