Jareth

20 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Imagine the scenes in here when we beat Spurs and Bournemouth. 

We could actually have a scenario where City turn up to VP on the 6th December and its 1st vs. 2nd. 😂

Those games against man city and Arsenal are going to be huge. I'm thinking high score draws, hoping for wins. Will be great atmospheres either way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

The complete nagging pessimist in me thinks we'll beat Spurs and then suddenly everyone will start paying attention to us. Then we'll promptly lose to Bournemouth, then get humiliated by Man City and Arsenal and scrape a draw against Brentford and suddenly somehow we're 9th and in danger of not qualifying for the ECL knockouts. Go into January with the FA Cup the only thing to play for and we draw Man Utd away. 

Yeah I get that 😂

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

The complete nagging pessimist in me thinks we'll beat Spurs and then suddenly everyone will start paying attention to us. Then we'll promptly lose to Bournemouth, then get humiliated by Man City and Arsenal and scrape a draw against Brentford and suddenly somehow we're 9th and in danger of not qualifying for the ECL knockouts. Go into January with the FA Cup the only thing to play for and we draw Man Utd away. 

Here you go

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Imagine the scenes in here when we beat Spurs and Bournemouth. 

We could actually have a scenario where City turn up to VP on the 6th December and its 1st vs. 2nd. 😂

That match would be the high water mark of Aston Villa in like 30 years. Incredible prospect.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jayEm said:

I'm most interested to see how our defense holds up against Arsenal and City. I have zero complaints from the first 12 games really but I wouldn't say our defending looks rock solid, as much as the high line seems to work consistently. I would not be amazed if we saw another Newcastle-style result against us.

I dare say we'll see a fair few balls being pinged over the top to the likes of Doku and Martinelli in those two games. Fulham's goal yesterday showed how 'on' that pass is if you run from deep and time it correctly. Our offside trap will have to be nigh-on perfect. Having said that, both Arsenal and Man City look more fallible than they did last season. City looked pretty shaky against Chelsea's high press yesterday and I hope we attempt something similar. Arsenal's issues are mainly due to injuries though, I think (and annoyingly Odegaard & Jesus will probably both be fit when we play them). 

31 minutes ago, skarroki said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 13/11/2023 at 07:39, turvontour said:

Those games against man city and Arsenal are going to be huge. I'm thinking high score draws, hoping for wins. Will be great atmospheres either way. 

I hope we get VP absolutely rocking for those 2 games. We can do it. This is the least I've been scared of City coming to VP since we got promoted. We even drew here last season under Gerrard so we're even making headway in terms of points.

• Like 1