villan95

48 minutes ago, useless said:

Today was always too predictable, everything pointed to it, it was always going to be a reality check game, a back down to earth game.

That reversed psychology did the trick, well done team

• Thanks 1

The win is great obviously, feel fantastic but we were awful yet again for 75 minutes of that match. Carbon copy of every away game we play until the Brentford red. 

We're not losing every away game of course and we are picking up good points but the performances are still a massive concern for me, we haven't found the formula. I do genuinely worry about every away fixture at the moment. 

If we could just crack this, man, the sky is the limit. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The win is great obviously, feel fantastic but we were awful yet again for 75 minutes of that match. Carbon copy of every away game we play until the Brentford red. 

We're not losing every away game of course and we are picking up good points but the performances are still a massive concern for me, we haven't found the formula. I do genuinely worry about every away fixture at the moment. 

If we could just crack this, man, the sky is the limit. 

It is very very tough to impose your game away as it is at home. If people are expecting us to go away regularly and win 3-0 or something like that with 70% possession we need 2-3 elite players for that.

4 wins from 9 and we still have likes of Luton and Sheffield united away to come in 2024. Palace away on final day looks a nice one aswell if they're safe and we need some points.

I think we can get at least 8 away wins and unless our home form dramatically drops off  that will be enough for top 4 imo.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It is very very tough to impose your game away as it is at home. If people are expecting us to go away regularly and win 3-0 or something like that with 70% possession we need 2-3 elite players for that.

4 wins from 9 and we still have likes of Luton and Sheffield united away to come in 2024. Palace away on final day looks a nice one aswell if they're safe and we need some points.

I think we can get at least 8 away wins and unless our home form dramatically drops off  that will be enough for top 4 imo.

Add in Everton and Brighton where we seem to always do well.

Around 28 to 30 points will generally have you top 5 in the away table. 

We're now on 14 points from 9 out of 19 away games, so even with our supposed poor away form we're roughly on pace for what we probably need.

25 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

image.png.39a56d34bdb2bed55b1b7f4b1f326f94.png

So we are two points behind Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal in the away table.   I'm not sure who they have played on their travels but we've been to Anfield, St James Park, Stamford Bridge and White Hart Lane already this season.   Narrative eh? 

We lost away at St James Park (Newcastle are currently second in the league form at home table - level on points with us but having played a game more) and Anfield (Liverpool are fourth in the home league table but like us have played a game less than Newcastle & Arsenal at home.  So 2 of our 3 defeats during our poor away record have come against 2 of the 4 hardest places to get a result.  At Newcastle our players were also clearly badly affected by the injury to Ty (especially after that to Buendia).  Of course we could do better - but how comes our away form is the reason why we can't win the title and yet City and Liverpool aren't having their form queried.  I mean in the last 6 away matches we have 11 points (as do Spurs), Arsenal 10, Liverpool 9, Man City 7 and Man Utd have 12 but are 9 points below us in the table....  Go figure.

41 minutes ago, andym said:

Add in Everton and Brighton where we seem to always do well.

Around 28 to 30 points will generally have you top 5 in the away table. 

We're now on 14 points from 9 out of 19 away games, so even with our supposed poor away form we're roughly on pace for what we probably need.

Don't think we'll win both those aways as usual. Brighton will be very very motivated to finally end the hex we have over them, more so after the 6-1.

Everton are also very very good back to front currently. We're very good when we get the first goal v them but think we'll struggle to win if we fall behind at Goodison, we never had a great record v Burnley teams under Dyche at Turf Moor.

However with this new found invincibility in London we can balance that out by getting rare away wins at Fulham and Palace.

Â