ender4

On 26/09/2023 at 19:10, TheAuthority said:

Anyone can start a pre match thread. I was doing it with cup final in the title because it was a little joke that worked in the championship during the 10 game run. Like I said, anyone can start the thread but some people would rather sit and moan at the people that do because they don’t like the title 🤷‍♂️

I love the title. It worked in the championship (with beautiful visual imagery added). It also worked brilliantly in the run in last year. Even this season I can remember the Newcastle game not having it and returning next few games and we won those well.

Not sure what issues are with a bit of fun like that given how superstitious most are about the game. I certainly feel more confident seeing it before a game!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

How many we currently got?

Nine. Big hurdle for double figures. The majority of optimism I have is due to our recent record against them. If it wasn’t for that I would be pretty much accepting that the run ends here.

Fwiw, I think I’d be tempted to take a draw if it meant winning the next conference game and then beating Wolves before the international break. Feels like a fair trade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

High scoring draw for me. We're the kryptonite to them that West Ham are to us season in season out. 

Brighton could rip us apart on the counter...however for whatever reason they can never impose their game on us home or away like they do with many other teams.

That said we're losing if Kamara doesn't get back on form as Luiz will struggle to dominate them once they press us so that's a worry.

The last time you said there wouid be loads of goals in a game it ended 1-0 Chris.  So I'm going for 1-0 either way

• Haha 1

Big game. We win this then the bookies and media outlets might take us a bit more seriously. Currently they see us as mugs with Brighton and Spurs more interesting.

Shocking result against Everton but if we bounce back and win this then I'm sure most won't care about Everton humiliating us. Need to win this to make it worthwhile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterSw said:

Goals written all over this game, both defences not the best and both capable of scoring at any time. I'd go - 

Emi

Konsa, Diego, Torres, Digne

Cash, Kamara, Luiz, McGinn

Diaby, Watkins

I dont think we've conceded more than one goal in a home league game since February.

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Are we worried about this ?

Less so with us being at home, and less so having beaten them twice last season. They’re a very good team though so we need our best team out and on form. 

I’m sorry to say though, I don’t think this one will be 4-1 Villa 🙁

• Haha 1

Going to be a nervy game, especially if the Jekyll side of Villa come out in the first 10 minutes. Going to be very nervy at VP off the back of the Everton game if we go behind early.

Martinez

Cash - Konsa - Pau - DIgne

McGinn - Kamara - Luiz - Zaniolo

Diaby - Watkins

That's the best we can put out there if Bailey isn't recovered and no JJ or Moreno.

26 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Going to be a nervy game, especially if the Jekyll side of Villa come out in the first 10 minutes. Going to be very nervy at VP off the back of the Everton game if we go behind early.

Martinez

Cash - Konsa - Pau - DIgne

McGinn - Kamara - Luiz - Zaniolo

Diaby - Watkins

That's the best we can put out there if Bailey isn't recovered and no JJ or Moreno.

This lineup sets itself up. Doesn't even need a second thought. Just ****-ing yes, please.

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

This lineup sets itself up. Doesn't even need a second thought. Just ****-ing yes, please.

Bench is: Olsen, Marschall, Traore, Diego C, Dendoncker, Tielemans, Kellyman, Duran

Squad is very, very light right now. Feel like we're just limping from international break to international break.

• Like 2

hard not to see a convincing brighton win here. They're due one against us as we've robbed them a couple of times, and our good players need a break, and the reserves aren't remotely up to the job. Would take a draw if offered now tbf.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

hard not to see a convincing brighton win here. They're due one against us as we've robbed them a couple of times, and our good players need a break, and the reserves aren't remotely up to the job. Would take a draw if offered now tbf.

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

Can't see anything other than a very serious rogering from Brighton here ..... scores like 1-5 are in my head.

Might go out and hide on Saturday !

That's the spirit.

• Like 1