ender4

I’m going to this one, I’m looking forward to it after not managing to get there at all last season. Hoping for a repeat of the last time we hosted Brighton and an extension of our brilliant home form. 

The cup final titles haven’t been working this season, time to stop them until we’ve got something meaningful to play for at the seasons end.

• Like 2

What a game this should be, it’s got goals written all over it. Fair play to Brighton they are the real deal. Wouldn’t surprise me if we lost this , and I’m sure their fans are saying same about losing to us. Home advantage could be crucial , but I think both sides would walk away from this happy with a draw . 2.2 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think they are a better team than us but not much in it 

Bookies have them as favourites away from home, not often they are wrong but we can beat them if Emery gets his tactics right. Battle of the managers this one.

Also reckon there will be a few people keeping their seat on the off chance they can get there, but may be empty come kick off if its too much of a hassle. That's my plan anyway, hopefully I can make it, however I feel that we have beaten them so many times recently that they are due a result against us, esepcially at VP. For that reason i think they will win 3-1 but I hope we can get a 2-0 as we have done against them last time

42 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It shall be back next time we lose.

Anyone can start a pre match thread. I was doing it with cup final in the title because it was a little joke that worked in the championship during the 10 game run. Like I said, anyone can start the thread but some people would rather sit and moan at the people that do because they don’t like the title 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Anyone can start a pre match thread. I was doing it with cup final in the title because it was a little joke that worked in the championship during the 10 game run. Like I said, anyone can start the thread but some people would rather sit and moan at the people that do because they don’t like the title 🤷‍♂️

Can I just say? I appreciate your little joke. Thank you. That was nice. It's also led to the bonus scenario of a Very Minor VT Controversy. So cheers there, too. I know it might sound like I'm being ironic, and I probably am a bit, but "thread startery" is a difficult art, and quirky little variations in the tradition ought to be welcomed. So ... thank you. There, I thought you deserved some acknowledge for the offhandedly good intentions behind the "Cup Match X" idea. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I saw it as a bit of fun tbh, like the Grim Reaper image.

• Like 1

High scoring draw for me. We're the kryptonite to them that West Ham are to us season in season out. 

Brighton could rip us apart on the counter...however for whatever reason they can never impose their game on us home or away like they do with many other teams.

That said we're losing if Kamara doesn't get back on form as Luiz will struggle to dominate them once they press us so that's a worry.

Edited by VillaChris