A thread about how dense Jordan Peterson is

Chindie

8 hours ago, choffer said:

Funny how he can think himself to be something he’s not (we judge him by his actions rather than his opinion of himself) but doesn't believe others should be allowed to be who they are.

And how do you think of yourself? How familiar are you (and your cohort) with classical British liberal philosophy?

Jones is a completely vacuous waste of oxygen. A pure grifter who peddles right wing Christian hatred through the lens of ridiculous lies as a means to make himself very rich.

One of those people that you would genuinely celebrate the death of. He's horrific.

He's probably too comical to compare to Peterson though. Peterson isn't peddling stuff that is obviously, clearly complete bollocks (I recall listening to Jones pushing a guest that genuinely believed there was a secret military base underneath Galveston Texas that contained weaponised attack baboons. He also openly stated that children were being given fruit juice that made them gay), he has a veneer of legitimacy, and deals in superficially 'high' concepts, but uses that to attack those he dislikes. Which basically, shock horror, boils down to everything right wing conservatives don't like.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Jones is a completely vacuous waste of oxygen. A pure grifter who peddles right wing Christian hatred through the lens of ridiculous lies as a means to make himself very rich.

One of those people that you would genuinely celebrate the death of. He's horrific.

He's probably too comical to compare to Peterson though. Peterson isn't peddling stuff that is obviously, clearly complete bollocks (I recall listening to Jones pushing a guest that genuinely believed there was a secret military base underneath Galveston Texas that contained weaponised attack baboons. He also openly stated that children were being given fruit juice that made them gay), he has a veneer of legitimacy, and deals in superficially 'high' concepts, but uses that to attack those he dislikes. Which basically, shock horror, boils down to everything right wing conservatives don't like.

I love listening to Alex Jones sometimes, not the hurtful stuff like the Sandy Hook comments, but when he goes off on passionate rants about chemicals in water turning frogs gay, I find it hilarious, the man is comedy gold at times.

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The scary thing is, I’d never heard of him. I googled him and saw the venom and the hate and the bullshit within a minute.

Then, no offence but @Rugeley Villa states he likes him and thinks he’s compassionate. It’s scary out there.

Just now, leemond2008 said:

I love listening to Alex Jones sometimes, not the hurtful stuff like the Sandy Hook comments, but when he goes off on passionate rants about chemicals in water turning frogs gay, I find it hilarious, the man is comedy gold at times.

I listen to the Knowledge Fight podcast, which covers him and his shit and debunks basically everything that comes out of his mouth in an amusing fashion.

The episodes where they got access to the deposition videos of him being questioned over his and his company's horrendous actions over Sandy Hook are gold. Extended sessions of a hate filled word removed being skewered by a series of lawyers who had true professional disdain for him and his company and it's staff.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The scary thing is, I’d never heard of him. I googled him and saw the venom and the hate and the bullshit within a minute.

Then, no offence but @Rugeley Villa states he likes him and thinks he’s compassionate. It’s scary out there.

Indeed.

Then remember that there's a significant population of people that think he's a messiah figure, a thought leader who should be listened to to direct the way people live their lives at every level. Who can sell multiple volumes of books on rules to live by, who attacks everything he doesn't like which veers from trans people to anyone he doesn't personally think is attractive.

He's horrible.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I like to take people at face value 

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He's a big old fan of Putin. Apparently. It's lucrative to him to be so seemingly anyway.

That clip should be edited together with the Solovyov Let's Nuke The North Sea speech and the Jones court case findings.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

It is hilarous some of the stuff he says. I saw a video of him being interviewed by some woman called pearl and he goes deep into some serious conspiracy stuff about saturn worshipping. You could see pearl was thinking wtf is this dude on about 😂

Â