Cup final 1/6 Pre match

Pinebro

Torres will start.  Kamara and Luiz will both start.  I think Emery will want to experiment more with kamara slotting  back to RB when we have posssesion. 

watkins will start

jj nor Moreno will start but one will come on late, probably Moreno.  

zaniolo will start

I don’t feel great confidence in any other predictions.   

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s European Maaaaatttccchhh Ddaaaaaayyyyy!!

Arregghhgghggggggggggggggghhhhhhh!

How the ****, in the same season Steven Gerrard "managed" us, did we end up qualifying for Europe and having days like this? It blows my mind.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

How the ****, in the same season Steven Gerrard "managed" us, did we end up qualifying for Europe and having days like this? It blows my mind.

It really does baffle me too. Plus, as someone else said 5 years ago we were losing at home to Sheffield Weds under Steve Bruce in the championship… that’s a mind melter!! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It’s a shame their fans are apparently horrible (if true) 

It's true.

But the support they give (regardless of the score) will be next level. 

I once heard a story told by a polish journalist, apparently it's real. Two fiends went to see legia, one was english, the other polish.

The english friend was really surprised how the stadium is rocking for the entire game. Even when the opponents score, it did not stop. It was crazy - flares, flags, the lot.

So the english friend asks the polish:

- ''what's going on? The stadium is still going crazy?''

- what do you mean?

- well legia just conceded and everyone is still going crazy?

- Legia just conceded?! 

8 hours ago, troon_villan said:

If you have travelled over there the best advice is to punch up the first Legia fan you see to assert your dominance.  You won't be troubled after that.

Apparently the female fans are notoriously the hardest and most well respected by their ultras. So probs best to go for one of them to make sure.

Just had a look at the odds for tonight. Coral have us at 4/9 to win, with Legia at 11/2, incredible odds imo, I know the bookies have us as favourites to win the cup, but we were not priced like this in 1981-82 for our away games!  

I doubt this will be such a walk in the park for us, I have my cash on for us to lift the trophy, but suspect we will have to be at our best tonight to win and a draw (16/5 by the way) wouldn't be that bad a result, when it comes to finishing top of the group. For me, we should start with our strongest available team and begin bringing players off the bench, if/when we have a goal or two lead. Looking forward to it, as someone who will remain nameless once said "it's good to be back"...."Goodness gracious";)