Cup final 1/6 Pre match

Pinebro

Doubt we'll change much defensively, as we don't have many options. Maybe some minutes for Lenglet?

I'd expect Tielemans to start ahead of Kamara, and possibly Bailey might come in. I'd have started Duran, but I think Ollie might start - badly needs an important goal, not a hattrick against a glorified pub team 

Tough one to predict. We’ve just had an international break so should be fit and ready. Need to be mindful of Chelsea on Sunday too though. Something like:

Emi

Cash Konsa Pau Digne

McGinn Tielemans Luiz Zaniolo

Diaby Duran

Give Watkins and Kamara a rest to be fresh for Sunday. 

Watched a few videos of Legia ultras and some of the tifos there. Impressive stuff. It’s gonna be one hell of an atmosphere and experience for some of these players that haven’t played in Europe before. I hope they love it.

Good luck to the Villa fans travelling, watch your backs and roar our lads to victory. 

• Thanks 1

Martinez

Chambers       Konsa          Lenglet       Digne

Tielemans    Dendoncker          

McGinn                                     Zaniolo

Bailey            Watkins 

Subs:  Olsen, Cash, Carlos, Pau, Moreno, Kamara, Luiz, Diaby, Duran. 

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Martinez

Chambers       Konsa          Lenglet       Digne

Tielemans    Dendoncker          

McGinn                                     Zaniolo

Bailey            Watkins 

Subs:  Olsen, Cash, Carlos, Pau, Moreno, Kamara, Luiz, Diaby, Duran. 

Don't see why we'd rest Pau. This is type of environment he should excel in and get his confidence up for the harder prem tests.

Bailey done enough from his cameo yesterday to start this unless we want to hold him back for Chelsea.

It's tempting to rest Diaby but he's just had two weeks off and we need to get off to a good start in this so we can then rest plenty for matchdays 5 and 6.

I'm half Polish and know of Legia but have to be honest I have no idea what the ability of their squad is (usually an ex prem player or well known european player floating around in even East european squads like Andre Green).

So a trip into the unknown but this is what we've waited over a decade for.

0-2 us.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Squad

Pekhart (ex West Ham) and Kaputska (Leicester) the only ones I recognised

Kaputska was rated as major young talent, played for Poland at Euro 2016. Actually got two ex Forest players, Yuri Riberio and Gil Dias. One of those must've played against us in the championship.

(As I do for every opponent) I was reading a Legia forum with Chrome's shocking auto-translation in operation. The general consensus (unless the translator has made a horrible mess of it which is possible and also throws up some quite humorous passages of writing) seems to be that because we're not a (in my words) Sky Sports Super League Six club that we're as gash as the team that finished 7th in the Polish top flight (Cracovia to save you a Google search), one poster mentioned that in his/her opinion because we'd shipped five and three respectively at Newcastle and Liverpool that they will kill us.

I'm quietly confident they might be in for a shock on Thursday if this is the case across their wider fanbase 😅 I imagine with the fiery atmosphere they will be bang up for it but I would be very surprised if we wilted at all, on the contrary I think most of our players will relish it.

Let's hope I'm not eating my words along with a Polish kielbasa after 294 glasses of the local beer on Thursday night!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wedge said:

(As I do for every opponent) I was reading a Legia forum with Chrome's shocking auto-translation in operation. The general consensus (unless the translator has made a horrible mess of it which is possible and also throws up some quite humorous passages of writing) seems to be that because we're not a (in my words) Sky Sports Super League Six club that we're as gash as the team that finished 7th in the Polish top flight (Cracovia to save you a Google search), one poster mentioned that in his/her opinion because we'd shipped five and three respectively at Newcastle and Liverpool that they will kill us.

I'm quietly confident they might be in for a shock on Thursday if this is the case across their wider fanbase 😅 I imagine with the fiery atmosphere they will be bang up for it but I would be very surprised if we wilted at all, on the contrary I think most of our players will relish it.

Let's hope I'm not eating my words along with a Polish kielbasa after 294 glasses of the local beer on Thursday night!

That isn’t their view at all tbh. I’ve read a bit too and almost all comments were saying they got the worst draw in the thing by getting us and both games are a write off and then should be aiming for points from AZ at home and Bosnia. 

• Like 2