Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The rules have changed thats a bookable offence you can't throw the ball away anymore

Good change as well IMO, sick of seeing it. Just hope they're consistent with it and it's not one of those things they just forget about in a few weeks

Just now, thunderball said:

Unai needs to earn his money and shake this up and into life. 

Not really entirely sure what he can do?  We've been miles the better side, completely dominated and created at least three very, very good chances.

It's been an almost perfect half bar some poor finishing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'd simplify offside in a heartbeat.

If the whole of the ball has to be over the line for a goal, the whole of the attacker has to be offside.

That wouldn't simplify anything. However you define offside, it's based on a line. Your idea would just move the line further forward. Players will still push the margins and you will still have video reviews coming down to inches.

What would simplify is to base the position on feet only. It would speed up reviews because you're looking only in two dimensions, not three.

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

What's the handball rule again? I'd like to see the offside lines too.

Personally, I'd never want to see handball given for that.  Just running and having the ball blasted at your arm from 5 yards away - not for me thanks.

• Like 2