Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah torres has been worst playwe on pitch today i have to say. 

Paul McGrath would have bother with the protection he’s getting.  Ball being pinged over and over again because Arnold is getting 10mins with everyone 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Well we don’t know who we may have tried to sign,  but Ferran Torres is one obvious option who would’ve been a great addition. Jonathon David, maybe? 

We knew our biggest failing last year was in the final third and that’s where we most needed to add quality - and as seen with Diaby you get what you pay for.  

Ferran Torres isn't really a central striker and either way, neither are coming in to play backup to Ollie and I'm also not convinced that either are better.

I'd love to sign a Diaby-level player as a centre-forward but I don't think those two are that player.  Anyone that is, isn't coming to us - there aren't that many number 9s out there at an elite level.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats worrying for me is how bad torres looks against a decent striker.

I cabt imagine what haaland will do to him if he plays like this

He doesn't like the players in his face, but thats what you get in this league......its all too easy.

He might have silky passing skills....but this level of team, won't allow that.

its so, bloomin obvious its frustrating.

The team in general, lacks natural aggression.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats worrying for me is how bad torres looks against a decent striker.

I cabt imagine what haaland will do to him if he plays like this

He’s played against Benzema and Lewandowski and done fine. Can we just give the man a chance, he’s having a bad game, let’s not rip his contract up just yet.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

I thought the talk of us pushing for Champions League places before the season started was a bit ott as well. We're not there yet, but we're working on it. A season with less injuries would help as well....

Those injuries will 100% hinder us this season which is gutting, but it is what it is. If anyone can get us there it will be Emery . 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

at this point, I'm happy that we got Newcastle and Liverpool away out of the way right now (at the beginning of the season). 

We clearly miss JJ and Moreno + their link on the left. 

It's the reason we drew here last season 

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Would be nice to have two good strikers though. 

It's not as straight forward as that though, is it?  Watkins is a better striker than Archer.  So he'll play in our best XI.  And I can't see them working together.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Those injuries will 100% hinder us this season which is gutting, but it is what it is. If anyone can get us there it will be Emery . 

yup they absolutely are a road block for us, but as you say, it is what it is.