January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

13 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

That’s what happens when a good player settles in a new country. Spurs fans wer slagging him after a few months.

Maybe if we weren’t so quick to criticise?

Think you’ll find it’s not me writing loads of b*llocks on the Zaniolo thread. Even the Diaby one I pointed out that he’s not being used right and clearly has talent. 

There’s a clear difference between slagging off a player who clearly has very high potential but is lacking confidence/struggling for form vs being underwhelmed by a new signing because you think the club should be more ambitious given the position we find ourselves in in the league.

48 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Underwhelming window on the whole, and given the form on the pitch it all feels a bit demoralising.

I'm sure these youth players might come good one day but they won't do anything for us this season. 

Nobody is spending money this window, and Emery is not the sort of manager to just throw money at something when it’s not working, he’ll fix it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Nobody is spending money this window, and Emery is not the sort of manager to just throw money at something when it’s not working, he’ll fix it.

Yep, hard to moan when you look around the league (and Europe) and no one is doing anything 

Feels more like a few gambles on youngsters (man city with the argie youngster, Barco at Brighton) with a lot of them going back out on loan

If we do end up with 2 players let alone 4 then we've done more business than pretty much anyone, other than West ham getting phillips I can't see any real significant transfer from any of our competitors 

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, hard to moan when you look around the league (and Europe) and no one is doing anything 

Feels more like a few gambles on youngsters (man city with the argie youngster, Barco at Brighton) with a lot of them going back out on loan

If we do end up with 2 players let alone 4 then we've done more business than pretty much anyone, other than West ham getting phillips I can't see any real significant transfer from any of our competitors 

I would say Spurs with Werner and Dragusin have done the best business of all clubs other than us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would say Spurs with Werner and Dragusin have done the best business of all clubs other than us.

Dragusin maybe but van de ven is back and will start, nice depth 

I really don't rate werner, wouldn't want him at villa

• Like 2

Very happy, the club knows what it’s doing, we already have a squad full of players with Mings, Buendia, Pau, Digne, to come back, Tielemans to properly integrate, Irogboeum being integrated, Zaniolo on a possible loan-to-buy, Lenglet on loan and allegedly some irons in the fire for Summer free transfers. I just doesn’t see the rationale to buying immediacy when we likely have some very key targets in mind for Summer that will likely be expensive?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PeterSw said:

And Zaniolo. I don't think we'll sign him permanently 

I think we might. Who knows, his goals may make the difference in the run-in?🤞

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Ah are you on the ‘everything is fine’ train, and refuse to accept we are playing badly? 

We are out of form and playing badly - that much is obvious. We don't need reminding.

1 minute ago, Anything11 said:

We are out of form and playing badly - that much is obvious. We don't need reminding.

Also nice to see some solid youth signings coming in. Seems like a smart way of going about things.

4 hours ago, Tayls said:

Ah are you on the ‘everything is fine’ train, and refuse to accept we are playing badly? 

No. We are in a bad patch (which is disappointing) but we’re not a bad team - see 2023 for details. We’ll get out of it, and there’s no reason to think we won’t. 

Lighten up a little. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I trust the footballing side of the club 100%. Very sensible business with an eye on FFP and our future. 

Cutting the Rogers deal a bit fine though!

We've another 24 hours haven't we?

4 hours ago, Leeroy said:

It's just being realistic really. I was excited by our summer activity on the whole. 

You're being completely unrealistic about FFP, the January transfer window, and the reality that new signings don't guarantee improvement and that applies to every club

I think these young players coming in are set to replace the high wage earning, dead wood we will hopefully move.on now and in summer.

Will save us a load in wages but still be cable enough to do a job and make an impact 

Will also hopefully free up enough wages and space to be able to get 2 - 3 top notch players in for first XI

Better value for money and smart medium to long term business overall.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think these young players coming in ate set to replace the high wage earning, dead wood we will hopefully move.on now and in summer.

Will save us a load in wages but still be cable enough to do a job and make an impact 

Will also hopefully free up enough wages and space to be able to get 2 - 3 top notch players in for first XI

Better value for money and smart medium to long term business overall.

Skys the limit for them,although they're Virgins to the league.