January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Tielemans was English based to be fair and came on big wages. I think if the right players are available I think Emery/Monchi will go for them whether they are foreign or English

Not British, not overpriced - didn’t cost a fee… an intelligent signing who provides value and quality… free and probably here for the long term…

Maybe not in the original/intended position though 😂 much improved when moved to an attacking role.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Tielemans was English based to be fair and came on big wages. I think if the right players are available I think Emery/Monchi will go for them whether they are foreign or English

It’s not the nationality that’s the issue… it’s the valuation. And the English tax is real…

We’ll develop and improve “homegrown” or home based players rather than splash out on exorbitant fees and wages for the “known names”…

We have excellent British players of our own in the likes of Konsa, Ramsey, McGinn and Watkins for example…

And hopefully more to come from our academy… more likely to sign young British players from lower leagues than older, expensive ones in PL.

That’s how I see it anyway… 

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We won’t be signing anyone now, the new leaked badge will make sure of that 😭

😂

Hey, these shitty Castore sweat rags didn’t stop them so why should the badge changes?

We’ve managed to get the likes of Pau and Diaby in with a temporary badge too 😂

What a palaver 😂

Wish we were as good away from the pitch as we are on it…

1 hour ago, striker said:

Philips at City on loan with an option to buy would be a massive upgrade on Donk. 

Donk is a better player than an overweight clogger

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Philips at City on loan with an option to buy would be a massive upgrade on Donk. 

He's on wages as high as our highest paid player. Ludicrous idea for first team cover. Donk is on about 100k less per week

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

I love football fans.

Fin Azaz - only played in the Championship, 23 years old, capped once at U21 level for Ireland. €1.5m valuation on TransferMarkt (I know, but it is an indication).Ridiculous (say some) that we've only sold for £2.5m - worth way more than that. (I have seen someone say £15m on twitter!).

Cam Archer - playing in the premier league; turned 22 a couple of weeks ago. 11 games and 6 goals for England U21 - won the Euros at that level last summer; €18m valuation on TransferMarkt - probably won't get £10m for him if he comes back (again according to some).

Never change.  

Azaz would be worth somewhere around 6/7m if he wasn't out of contract IMO. Good return this year and showed he can hang at the championship level. 

The worry with Archer is that he's not impressed at PL so far and thus he would probably command a smaller fee than what we sold him for. 15-18m, I'd guess. 

Azaz isn't out of contract, he was contracted with us until at least 2025, as at the time of leaving Plymouth last season he still had a year left on his Villa deal as stated by himself in an interview with Plymouth TV, he then signed a contract extention with us, which was done so we avoided losing him on a free at the end of his current loan.

You only have to look at it logically, if this year was the last year of his Villa contract, we wouldn't be sending him on a season's long loan to Plymouth, we would have sold him in the summer, but we didn't do that because he's contracted until at least 2025, meaning if he did well in the Championship we would get more money for him than we would have done if we'd have sold him in the summer.

7 hours ago, quazzie goat said:

I really would love us to sign lutsharel Geertruida from Feyenoord. Good height, age and can play CB,RB,DM. Contract expires next summer too. Maybe too expensive for January with Feyenoord top of the league but hopefully one for summer. 

Exactly who I want as well, good player and would give us that new right back we want whilst also being able to play in other positions as cover too

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Great deal for both sides.

Except the fact it meant he was able to play against us and score the goal that sits between us being Top of the League.

If it’s even the deal, who knows

6 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Great deal for both sides.

Except the fact it meant he was able to play against us and score the goal that sits between us being Top of the League.

Also it's just a random person with a handful of followers making stuff up on twitter. People here gobble it up though. 

37 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Also it's just a random person with a handful of followers making stuff up on twitter. People here gobble it up though. 

Nah, was reported at the time as well.

12 hours ago, WHY said:

There is no £18m if they don’t stay up. They will have effectively paid £2 million for him for a season. We will easily get £15m for him if he does come back. 

Can a player be sold twice in one window? Genuine question.

9 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Can a player be sold twice in one window? Genuine question.

Don't think they can't be registered to play for more than two clubs in one season.

You can sell a player as many times as you want so I'm sure the Saudis will be moving players from Al-Baboob to Strasbourg to Chelsea to Newcastle soon enough.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't think they can't be registered to play for more than two clubs in one season.

You can sell a player as many times as you want so I'm sure the Saudis will be moving players from Al-Baboob to Strasbourg to Chelsea to Newcastle soon enough.

FIFA rules state you can play only for two clubs in a season. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

FIFA rules state you can play only for two clubs in a season. 

For now 

Consistency and integrity aren't two words I'd associate with FIFA though.

• Like 1