January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think we might need to sell to buy. We definitely need CL football or we might have to sell a big hitter or two as we don’t generate enough revenue. 

I hope that we don't need to go down that "sell to buy" route that and we can build on what we already have. I think we should make the CL, but they certainly put some hurdles for clubs like us to clear don't they?   

Just now, AshVilla said:

We have plenty of run in behind types.

What we need is guile and players that can beat low blocks.

We really do. Diaby, Bailey, Watkins, McGinn, Ramsey. They’re all good players in their own right, if not very good, it’s just they’re quite blood and thunder. They prefer running with the ball and trying to get in behind. Luiz and Tielemans are probably the only two where you think - ‘they might do something a little different here’ - and actually unlock a defence. I’m not saying the other players don’t, but like you say, the low block teams are tough to break down. 

We’re missing, dare I say it, a Coutinho type. Buendia is kinda that player but he’s weak, slow and loses the ball way too often. We need that no. 10 type. 

• Like 1

Nahhh thinking back on the game and im more frustrated or equally as much as i was at the time… im not blaming any player im blaming the officials on this one … watkins push… handball incident and the disallowed goal really infuriating because how is not one of them given 😒 choose any of the three … on paper it says a draw but i say we won in my eyes and i dont care what any one has to say 🤝

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

We really do. Diaby, Bailey, Watkins, McGinn, Ramsey. They’re all good players in their own right, if not very good, it’s just they’re quite blood and thunder. They prefer running with the ball and trying to get in behind. Luiz and Tielemans are probably the only two where you think - ‘they might do something a little different here’ - and actually unlock a defence. I’m not saying the other players don’t, but like you say, the low block teams are tough to break down. 

We’re missing, dare I say it, a Coutinho type. Buendia is kinda that player but he’s weak, slow and loses the ball way too often. We need that no. 10 type. 

How about this guy @Delphinho123 Coutinhoesq and available in Jan 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think our captain, Watkins and Diaby are actually very good, that Bailey has been in recent weeks and that Ramsey can be once again with another couple of games, because I'm all for a bit of "blood and thunder" myself. It also seems that you don't rate Emi. ;) Other than that, I'm with you. 

On 22/12/2023 at 10:09, sharkyvilla said:

Without wishing to start a Januzaj thing, do we have room for more loans in the squad?  I wouldn't mind Werner either as I think he's the kind of player Emery can fix.

believe we can only register 2 loan players at a time... 

V.7.5. the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable in the same Season shall be four and in no circumstances shall more than one be from the same Transferor Club at any one time save there shall be excluded from these numbers any Temporary Transfer of the kind described in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2; V.7.6. not more than two Temporary Transfers shall be registered by a Club at the same time except that there shall be excluded from that number: V.7.6.1. any Temporary Transfer which become permanent; and V.7.6.2. the Temporary Transfer of a goalkeeper which in its absolute discretion the Board may allow in circumstances it considers to be exceptional; V.7.7. a Club may transfer the registration of no more than one of its goalkeepers by way of temporary Transfer to another Club each Season, subject to any further Temporary Transfer of one of its goalkeepers pursuant to Rule V.7.6.2; and V.7.8. any other conditions agreed between the Transferor Club and the Transferee Club or, in the exercise of its discretion, imposed by the Board. Guidance For the avoidance of doubt, no Club that already has two Temporary Transfers registered at the same time may be permitted to register a further player whose permanent registration is held by a Club on a ‘sub-loan’. That is to say, if a player is loaned by a club based overseas (or to which Rules V.5 to V.7 do not otherwise apply), that player cannot then be ‘sub-loaned’ by the overseas club to another Club where that Club already has two Temporary Transfers registered at that time. An example of the circumstances in which the Board might exercise its discretion in Rule V.7.4 is where a Player subject to a Temporary Transfer is unable to represent the Club temporarily holding his registration due to a long-term injury. In such circumstances, the Board might approve the termination of the Temporary Transfer on the condition that the Player is prohibited from making any first team appearances at the Club with which he re-registers, during the remaining period of the original Temporary Transfer

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2023/05/25/33ed7ee2-691b-4689-87a6-a895bf31581c/PL_Handbook_2022-23_DIGITAL_23.05.23.pdf

Funny that the official page has tons of typo's. Fitting I guess.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Or Traore if he was ever fit anymore 🙄

2 hours ago, John said:

I think our captain, Watkins and Diaby are actually very good, that Bailey has been in recent weeks and that Ramsey can be once again with another couple of games, because I'm all for a bit of "blood and thunder" myself. It also seems that you don't rate Emi. ;) Other than that, I'm with you. 

I think they’ve very good, agreed. Been so impressed with Bailey recently. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John said:

I hope that we don't need to go down that "sell to buy" route that and we can build on what we already have. I think we should make the CL, but they certainly put some hurdles for clubs like us to clear don't they?   

If we are then it is disgusting. All that money spent on fireworks last night could be put to use on the pitch....

• Like 1