Europa Conference League Group Stage Draw

alreadyexists

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So generally looking at the group draws between the europa and conference just how much of a gap in quality is it between the two competitions? 

Europa Group H looks no harder than a Conference League group to me. Others look a bit harder, but it's closer to Conference than to Champions I think. 

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Europa Group H looks no harder than a Conference League group to me. Others look a bit harder, but it's closer to Conference than to Champions I think. 

And 8 Europa teams still to join the Conference League so they are virtually the same competition 

31 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I think that rule is so dumb.

You shouldn't be rewarded for failing in your group.

UEFA are **** dumb

The biggest problem with the EL and the ECL is UEFA devalue them and treat them like their ugly step child while the gush over their golden boy CL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

UEFA are **** dumb

The biggest problem with the EL and the ECL is UEFA devalue them and treat them like their ugly step child while the gush over their golden boy CL

They exist to generate money. This is why they allow the "bigger" teams to fall into their lower tier comps mid way through.

Once upon a time the European competitions were about testing the champions of each country against each other.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

They exist to generate money. This is why they allow the "bigger" teams to fall into their lower tier comps mid way through.

Once upon a time the European competitions were about testing the champions of each country against each other.

I think that's what they now are, they exist for the champions of the countries they don't want in the CL like Kazakhstanand bosnia

For me it was telling yesterday in the pre draw presentation how many times they mentioned "first time" be it first time in europe or first time in the group stage etc etc

These competitions now exist to appease the other 51 countries especially the smallest ones that form UEFA

Edit - mostar, Astana and ferencvaros, bratislava and the Icelandic champions there's at least 5 champions in the ECL

Edited by villa4europe

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think that's what they now are, they exist for the champions of the countries they don't want in the CL like Kazakhstanand bosnia

For me it was telling yesterday in the pre draw presentation how many times they mentioned "first time" be it first time in europe or first time in the group stage etc etc

These competitions now exist to appease the other 51 countries especially the smallest ones that form UEFA

Edit - mostar, Astana and ferencvaros, there's at least 3 champions in the ECL

Finishing 2nd in The Conference League gets you another 2 games against a team 3rd in the Europa League!  

Think it's the same for the 3rd place teams in Champions League having a play off against 2nd in Europa League.

So if you are rewarding failure here's a novel idea why not have the winners of the groups have a play off against the 2nd place teams in the competition above. That way you could get promoted to the other competition win more money and it brings the 3 competitions together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Edit - mostar, Astana and ferencvaros, bratislava and the Icelandic champions there's at least 5 champions in the ECL

Faroe Islands and Kosovo Champions are in it too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

This puts our schedule as :-

Round 1

Palace (H) 16th September

Legia (A) 21st September

Chelsea (A) 23rd September (this will be moved to 24th now)

Round 2

Brighton (H) 30th September

Zrinjski (H) 5th October

Wolves (A) 7th October (to be moved)

Round 3

West Ham (H) 22nd October

AZ (A) 26th October 

Luton (H) 28th October (to be moved,)

Round 4

Forest (A) 4th November

AZ (H) 9th November

Fulham (H) 11th November (to be moved)

Round 5

Spurs (A) 25th November

Legia (H) 30th November

Bournemouth (A) 2nd December (to be moved)

Round 6

Arsenal (H) 9th December

Zrinjski (A) 14th December

Brentford (A) 16th December (to be moved).

Ideally we want to be qualified before last round. 

Without sounding arrogant but unless we meas up then I would expect us to be through by gameweek 4