Europa Conference League Group Stage Draw

alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm surprised AZ weren't banned from the competition after those scenes with West Ham. 

Perhaps if they had been an English club:rolleyes:. Probably one of the most likely reasons, that we might not lift the trophy. They wanted to ban us in 1982 after all. Hopefully our fans will not give UEFA any sniff of an  opportunity to put us in the dock again, after what has been such a long wait for another European tour. 🤞

56 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Zrinjski Mostar match likely to be moved to Sarajevo, due to their ground.

nope, they can play group games at home

[translated]

HŠK Zrinjski Stadium received UEFA approval for playing group stage matches in the 2023/2024 season.

In Mostar, HŠK Zrinjski, after the rematch against Austrian LASK on Thursday, are waiting for at least three more European matches , regardless of the play-off epilogue for the European League.

After Zrinjski was given the green light for the first time in the previous season to play the matches of the 3rd round of qualifications and play-offs, UEFA this season, after additional efforts, positively assessed the infrastructural developments to eliminate objective deficiencies in accordance with the UEFA rulebook on stadium infrastructure .

9 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

Warsaw, bring it on!

true story…I met my best friend’s wife for the first time. She asked where I was from. I said Walsall originally. She was amazed and said I didn’t sound Polish 😂😂😂😂

Looking forward to a big European night under the floodlights at the Bescot 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, slovenian said:

nope, they can play group games at home

Have to say I'm amazed by that as they only have 1 stand. Presume they must be bringing in some temporary stands, as UEFA would usually be quite finicky about allowing certain grounds into their competitions.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Legia and AZ both have a solid history of hooliganism, so could be some action in the streets too.

Brilliant news it’s about time football fans got serious again . I’ll dust off my boxing gloves and clean the filter out on my spud gun .

West Ham were allocated 970 tickets for their trip to AZ Alkmaar although 5k went over allegedly. Dundee United were allocated 1300 for their visit there. Can see that game being popular so will be hard to get tickets unless you’re a regular at away games. 

Leicester were allocated 1700 for their trip to Legia Warsaw a couple of years back. 

This will be a lively group

Legia Warsaw fans attack police as 'punches and missiles thrown' during Leicester clash

Leicester's Europa League contest with Polish outfit Legia Warsaw has been marred by ugly scenes between the away fans and police inside the stadium during the Foxes victory

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/warsaw-leicester-fans-attack-police-25549663

AZ Alkmaar issues 43 stadium bans after West Ham fans were attacked by hooded thugs during the teams' Europe Conference League semi-final... with 14 supporters arrested after Dutch police issued deadline to surrender on Tuesday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12128497/AZ-Alkmaar-issues-43-stadium-bans-West-Ham-fans-attacked-hooded-thugs.html

• Shocked 1

54 minutes ago, Jareth said:

When do these games begin? Gonna time my TNT Sports sub for the day of first match

I’m doing the same, if you have EE it’s £20 a month and a 28 day contract (so no cancellation fee/etc)… unless you’ve found a better deal?