Europa Conference League Group Stage Draw

alreadyexists

So does the Chelsea game move to Sunday the 24th and the League Cup game then to Wednesday the 27th?

Does Brighton stay on the 30th, and if not, does the women's game on the 1st get moved to Bescot or postponed?

We have five games in fifteen days at the end of September.

Will Wolves away be moved to Sunday 8th October?

I'd assume that the Luton game will be moved to the 29th October?

This is going to get hectic and confusing! :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

This puts our schedule as :-

Round 1

Palace (H) 16th September

Legia (A) 21st September

Chelsea (A) 23rd September (this will be moved to 24th now)

Round 2

Brighton (H) 30th September

Zrinjski (H) 5th October

Wolves (A) 7th October (to be moved)

Round 3

West Ham (H) 22nd October

AZ (A) 26th October 

Luton (H) 28th October (to be moved,)

Round 4

Forest (A) 4th November

AZ (H) 9th November

Fulham (H) 11th November (to be moved)

Round 5

Spurs (A) 25th November

Legia (H) 30th November

Bournemouth (A) 2nd December (to be moved)

Round 6

Arsenal (H) 9th December

Zrinjski (A) 14th December

Brentford (A) 16th December (to be moved).

Ideally we want to be qualified before last round. 

Generally speaking that's worked out very well for us. Even the legia and chelsea games, playing chelsea early in the season whilst they're still a bit of a mess better than when poch has had time with them. Agreed on the last game. Don't want to be needing something then

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Which game, though? 

I was being sarcastic Mike. My memory went back to the Moscow fiasco with MON where around 500 Villa fans made the long trip for him to put a weak team out . Hopefully we can get ourselves in a good position in the group asap so we can rotate for the remainder and keep players fresh for the league games 

• Like 1

The kickoff times have suited us really well actually. All the away games are at 5:45pm, which means the players will be home a bit earlier which will aid recovery for the following League games on the Sunday.

With all the home games starting at 8pm, there should be good atmospheres compared to an earlier kick-off.

The two games v Alkmaar will dictate who finishes top and second in the group. The other games we should be able to win by starting the second string and then bringing first team on if needed. 

We have to be ready for Chelsea away so Legia away is the potential banana skin and fortunately we have very winnable home league games after both the Alkmaar games. 

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So does the Chelsea game move to Sunday the 24th and the League Cup game then to Wednesday the 27th?

Does Brighton stay on the 30th, and if not, does the women's game on the 1st get moved to Bescot or postponed?

We have five games in fifteen days at the end of September.

Will Wolves away be moved to Sunday 8th October?

I'd assume that the Luton game will be moved to the 29th October?

This is going to get hectic and confusing! :)

I think one of the teams in Europe last season had to play a League Cup game on the Tuesday after playing on the Sunday

Do we really think that we're going to struggle? I might be massively wide of the mark but Alkmaar can't be far Hibs standard. Appreciate away trips will be hard but we should wipe the floor with our home fixtures. 

I'm confident, but those bookies think we are running around the Bull Ring with the cup already. Coral have us clear 4/1 favourites. The second favourites are Fiorentina @ 13/2, followed by Eintracht Frankfurt @ 10/1, A Z & Lille @ 14/1, Club Brugge & Genk @ 20/1 and Fenerbahce 25/1. They say the bookies are always right, I really hope they are this time, because: 

image.jpeg.1f5610a71f163037a504baafdb00ed46.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Do we really think that we're going to struggle? I might be massively wide of the mark but Alkmaar can't be far Hibs standard. Appreciate away trips will be hard but we should wipe the floor with our home fixtures. 

They ran West Ham close in the semi final last year. They are tricky if we dont take them serious

• Like 2

Just now, John said:

I'm confident, but those bookies think we are running around the Bull Ring with the cup already. Coral have us clear 4/1 favourites. The second favourites are Fiorentina @ 13/2, followed by Eintracht Frankfurt @ 10/1, A Z & Lille @ 14/1, Club Brugge & Genk @ 20/1 and Fenerbahce 25/1. They say the bookies are always right, I really hope they are this time, because: 

image.jpeg.1f5610a71f163037a504baafdb00ed46.jpeg

10/1 Eintracht is incredible odds. They are better than Fiorentina

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

I wouldn't say struggle, but I doubt AZ will be a walk in the park. I'm as sure that UE will treat these games with respect, as I am that we will top the group. We can all remember games we were favourite's to win, that we didn't, so I won't take any games lightly until we have established a healthy lead, as we did with Hibs.