Clément Lenglet

Tom13

Emery is a genius at managing & coaching centre backs. The biggest improvers under Emery have arguably been Konsa and Mings. I already kind of rate Lenglet, but under Emery I'd see him adding to his game and being a better player than we've seen before.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I imagine the 75% figure is still Barca spin. We aren't paying that for a season loan. 

Not saying you’re wrong here, but fans tend to question reports about their club paying high wages. Reports about the club making a shrewd deal on the other hand, are usually seen as facts.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I won’t disagree with most of your comment but the section above is way off. If you don’t think this is a factor then I don’t think you are living in reality.  Money is one of the key factors both yours and what others are getting around you, and bizarrely at this level even more so.

Ok. Fair enough. Another angle.  We are loaning and not buying a player. From the madhouse that is Barca. We are not setting the wage, they are. For one season we are getting in what should be a top quality rotational option to cover for the injury to one of if not our most important figureheads on the pitch.  I really cannot see any player or their agent thinking that this is unfair on them. . 

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Ok. Fair enough. Another angle.  We are loaning and not buying a player. From the madhouse that is Barca. We are not setting the wage, they are. For one season we are getting in what should be a top quality rotational option to cover for the injury to one of if not our most important figureheads on the pitch.  I really cannot see any player or their agent thinking that this is unfair on them. . 

Agents aren’t human, everything is unfair to them 😂😂😂

On a serious note I see your point and understand, I think it’s a little incorrect imo.  It’ll be used as leverage for agents at the very least.

Anyway, doesn’t matter, let’s move on, adds to squad strength so I’m all good.  While concerned about the money, it’s not really a topic I care enough about to discuss to death or stand my ground.

• Like 1

If it's 75 per cent of anywhere near the figures touted for his Barca salary I'd be a tad concerned, not going to lie. Your biggest wages should go to your best players.

But - from a FPP perspective - how worse off are we going that route instead of paying, say, 50% of his wage but then having to pay Barclelona a € 4-5 million loan fee on top of that as well?

Thought he seemed solid based on watching a bit of spurs, certainly seems to possess the right skillset for an Emery defender. 

Happy its a loan but also not fussed with the wages, the only people that know the true figures and financial context work for the club and its safe to assume were fully involved in the workings of the deal. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I imagine the 75% figure is still Barca spin. We aren't paying that for a season loan. 

Fabrizio said it, so it must be true. 

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Barca media are BS merchants so I’d take any discussion of wages etc with some salt. It’s a pragmatic move that gives us more quality should injuries pile up so we don’t need to rely upon youth or the likes of Hause or Chambers. 

I'd assume it's like 75% of his base wages mot counting the deferred payments so more like 75% of 120-150k than 75% of 200k.

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

image.thumb.png.07a4532367ac1bd0962028751d4cfd35.png

No flights from BCN (main airport) but this little nugget from GIR which is only 35 miles from the city and the more likely airport of choice for private operators....

Ah, I see Digne is using the 5th plane from his private jet collection to shuttle his mate over. 

D-IANE though to D-IDNE must have been busy. And obviously saves the D-IGNE call sign for his own trips.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Haha 1

👉 Lenglet will undergo a medical check-up tomorrow in Birmingham and will sign his loan for a season.

Pure and hard assignment.

Lenglet, Aston Villa and Barça: the three parties have put the best possible will to close the agreement.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Â