Clément Lenglet

Tom13

4 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Not enthused but Unai knows what he's doing.

Thing is, with Emery, so long as the player isn't complete shite or has a massive attitude problem, I'd generally always back him to get a tune out of whoever we sign... even if it's just as backup or rotation option. Lenglet is definitely good enough to be useful for us, and potentially much more than that.

Barca media are BS merchants so I’d take any discussion of wages etc with some salt. It’s a pragmatic move that gives us more quality should injuries pile up so we don’t need to rely upon youth or the likes of Hause or Chambers. 

• Like 1

I'd take a pinch of salt about Lenglet's wages as Barcelona deferred a huge sum of money from him over the years, which is why at least for Barcelona internally he's ended up becoming one of their highest earners: it's just the accumulation of prior wages that he wasn't paid.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

We don't know that yet?

He is a loan.

If they were serious about this guy they would have bought him in the summer.

He is clearly a backup signing.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

He is a loan.

If they were serious about this guy they would have bought him in the summer.

He is clearly a backup signing.

So is Zaniolo technically. Both have something to prove before we'd sign them. I agree he is likely coming as back up but that doesn't mean he can't force his way into the team and surprise us. Even as depth it improves us.

Â