Clément Lenglet

Tom13

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🧵 

Long thread, several posts on him, here…

Seems harsh to judge him solely on his time at Spurs…

Conteball was about as far removed from his skillset as is possible. Emeryball will be right up his alley . 

55 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

A touch disappointed in this one tbh, but hey ho, a body is better than nobody should we get another injury. An expensive wages one though you'd think but suppose I'd rather see Lenglet on than Hause or Chambers at CB should we need it

Can't sign world beaters in every position 🤷‍♂️

This is a stereotypical Emery signing.  A player who has not been at their best recently, signed for relatively peanuts and turned used as part of a successful team (See Coquelin, Lo Celso, Capoue etc.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This is a stereotypical Emery signing.  A player who has not been at their best recently, signed for relatively peanuts and turned used as part of a successful team (See Coquelin, Lo Celso, Capoue etc.)

Right. 

Moreno was a bit of an unknown entity when he signed for us, now though, many view him as our No.1 LB.

Big Fab with the exclusive yet again. 

Fan of this signing, think it just makes sense for all the reasons that have been spoken about. Mad to think of how far we've come so quickly, going from struggling miserably at times in recent seasons to signing a (recent anyway) French international off Barca to essentially be a back-up option. 

23 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Came to post something similar to this. It feels like Unai’s most successful signings are ones who get discarded by teams because of mediocre performances and he is able to help them recapture form and turn them into a very solid & consistent player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Great back up option. My only concern in this move is, is he’s a Pau type CB rather than a Mings type. 

so for this season, we going to be set up to the Pau/Lenglet style, making it harder for Mings to slot back in when he’s fit   

Well Lenglet will be gone by the time Mings returns. When he returns I imagine we will mostly go to what we saw against Burnley but with Carlos RB, Mings CB, Pau LB.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

Lol so Sevilla and Monchi are supposedly at odds with each other with the way he approached Acuña. Then there’s reports of Sevilla wanting to report us and now we are signing Lenglet after it seemed he was joining Sevilla.

They are going to hate us/Monchi for this.

I also haven’t been convinced by Lenglet on the odd occasion I’ve watched him but as a stopgap solution and with an option to buy it sounds like smart business.

Besides Unai has a history of buying players who’ve lost their way a little and getting the best out of them, doesn’t he? So, hope this is another case.

Â