HalfTimePost

lineup (3).png

So my friend Unai texted me whilst I was doing the washing up Sunday night and asked if I had any ideas for Hibs. Annoying, that I had to stop with the dishes, but I went ahead and put this little lineup together for him -- I mean, I didn't want to be rude.

If things get hairy, bring in Torres for Feeney, Cash for Traore, Konsa for Chambers, Digne for Revan. I feel that Feeney and Kellyman are really a tremendous presence and would benefit from a restrained confidence being placed in them, which is what this match offers. Feeney was playing at Hibs' level two years ago at Fleetwood Town at aged 16. He's not ready for the Premier League, but he's ready for League One. Jhonny deserves a chance to shine. If not now, when? We need to give him a solid chance to rack up some minutes. Bailey would play the big brother/babysitter role in this set up and make sure thinghs don't get too crazy. Tielemans and Dendoncker (would we want to flip them?) if fit would make the midfield a very tricky place for Hibs. Hopefully, with this set-up, Olsen wouldn't have much to do. It's actually pretty stunning that we can field this squad above and be reasonably confident of pulling through. I love that we can actually give Olsen some serious game time, too, which only helps him. Would have been an unthinkable situation last year. Being better gives us options. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SJM said:

We were utterly pathetic at Eater Road, mainly because he set us up to be sh!t scared. Very glad he's gone - when you folks were singing about him being a rocket polisher, my thought was "i agree...but how do they know?"

We spent 3 years in the Championship with him. Talked way too much shit 

9 hours ago, villan95 said:

Maybe something like?

Olsen

Chambers   Feeney   Konsa   Digne

Dendoncker     Tielemans

Traore                                   Bailey

Zaniolo    Duran

Zaniolo is cup-tied. 

• Thanks 1

This is going to be one of the weirdest competitive fixtures we've ever been involved in. When was the last time we went into the second leg of a tie at home already 5-0 up and against a vastly inferior team?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

This is going to be one of the weirdest competitive fixtures we've ever been involved in. When was the last time we went into the second leg of a tie at home already 5-0 up and against a vastly inferior team?

In the 2008-09 season we played some random teams in the intertoto, one Icelandic one we beat 5-1 I think first leg

I'd like to see the likes of Feeney, Revan, Kellyman get a run-out as they are all training with the first team.

It is dangerous to put too many in though.

Olsen, Chambers, Tielemans, Dendoncker (if fit), Bailey, Traore and Duran should all be starting too

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

We beat Exeter 12-2 on aggregate in the League cup in 1985.

1-4 away

8-1 at home (less than 8k turned up for this one).

Edited by rjw63
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, El Zen said:

Travelling fans should have the best conditions possible. It’s what we would want when we travel. 

I didn't say anything about conditions, we're talking about being able to bring flags/two-poles/banners/drums etc into the stadium, why would we want to make it easy for visiting fans to create a good atmosphere?

Chambers, Tielemans, Traore and Duran should all start so they can build match sharpness, and Dendoncker would be great too if he's fit (or at least off the bench). Don't think we'll see any kids starting but it wouldn't be a surprise if eg Kellyman or Revan got some time before the end. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wedge said:

I didn't say anything about conditions, we're talking about being able to bring flags/two-poles/banners/drums etc into the stadium, why would we want to make it easy for visiting fans to create a good atmosphere?

Also drums are so **** annoying! I was stuck near a drummer years ago at an England game and it ruined my life (for 90 mins)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, wedge said:

Because I want to have the best possible conditions to create a good atmosphere when I’m a travelling supporter, and because I want as much atmosphere in the stadium as possible. It’s much more fun to sing against an away stand in full voice, it makes me up my own game. I firmly support fans’ right to support their team as best they can, and giving them the best possible conditions to do so, home and away. That solidarity needs to exist across alliegiences. 

Ultras liberi. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, El Zen said:

Because I want to have the best possible conditions to create a good atmosphere when I’m a travelling supporter, and because I want as much atmosphere in the stadium as possible. It’s much more fun to sing against an away stand in full voice, it makes me up my own game. I firmly support fans’ right to support their team as best they can, and giving them the best possible conditions to do so, home and away. That solidarity needs to exist across alliegiences. 

Ultras liberi. 

I don't disagree with you my friend, fair point indeed!

• Like 1