HalfTimePost

10 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I've seen lots of hibs fans commenting that they are still in this tie and have a chance of winning... and I thought some villa fans were delusional 😂😂

Funny that............many are still coming but I haven't spoken to any or read any comments that say that........without having their tongue firmly stuck inside their cheek.😉   On the forums nearly all the talk is about who will be the next manager to pick up the poisoned chalice at Easter Road not that we are still in the tie...............some discussion on what team to play bearing in mind we , like yourselves, have a tough game on Sunday which is more important than tomorrow night. ( which will resemble more of a friendly now)

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 2

Martinez

Chambers Carlos Feeney Pau

Tielemans.  Dendoncker

Traore.                 Kellyman

Bailey    Duran

Bench: Olsen, Zych, Konsa, Revan, McGinn, Watkins, O'Reilly, Luiz, Kadan Young.

Make sure we get to half time sensibly and then take off Pau, Carlos and Martinez. Big guns on the bench on the off chance the kids concede a couple early.

Edited by HalfTimePost

I was watching a football channel on YouTube about how good we're starting to look as a team. There was a comment from a Burnley fan who said, we're easily the best Premier league side he's seen since Burnley have been competing at the top end of English football. That's some statement. 

21 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

I suppose the Corporation bus service don't still run "specials" to and from Villa Park from the top of Steelhouse Lane. ?   🤣 🤣

On the same theme, when we didn't go by bus and drove to the ground, we joined a Bingo Club situated in the shadow of the Holte End. We were able to park there have a few games of Bingo and then went to watch the match. 🙂 

Last time I was at Villa Park ( Everton circa 2003?) we parked in a working mans club about 3/4 mile away , joined for the day and enjoyed a few jars in there beforehand. :flag:

They don't even transport prisoners to Steelhouse Lane anymore. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Martinez

Chambers Carlos Feeney Pau

Tielemans.  Dendoncker

Traore.             Kellyman

Duran

Bench: Olsen, Zych, Konsa, Revan, McGinn, Watkins, O'Reilly, Luiz, Kadan Young.

Make sure we get to half time sensibly and then take off Pau, Carlos and Martinez. Big guns on the bench on the off chance the kids concede a couple early.

I think put Olsen on for Martinez and that’s not far off the starting line up. 

• Like 2

I'm going with this. 

Olsen

Cash     Chambers   Torres  Revan

Tielemans      Dendoncker

Traore          Kellyman        Bailey

Duran

1st team players on the bench in case they are needed. I dont see Feeney being used and we dont have many other options. Think they will be wary of overloading Carlos' gametime in these early weeks and I'd expect him to start again Liverpool. 

54 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I'm going with this. 

Olsen

Duran

1st team players on the bench in case they are needed. I dont see Feeney being used and we dont have many other options. Think they will be wary of overloading Carlos' gametime in these early weeks and I'd expect him to start again Liverpool. 

Haven't we got an u21/u18 RB? I'd protect Cash after his heroics the other day, need him for Liverpool!

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Haven't we got an u21/u18 RB? I'd protect Cash after his heroics the other day, need him for Liverpool!

Can't think of one who has featured in 1st team at all under Emery. 

I'd agree it would be better to protect Cash but he's probably one of the fittest players at the club and once everyone is fit I dont see him starting every game this season. Think away especially we will often go with Konsa RB. 

9 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

Funny that............many are still coming but I haven't spoken to any or read any comments that say that........without having their tongue firmly stuck inside their cheek.😉   On the forums nearly all the talk is about who will be the next manager to pick up the poisoned chalice at Easter Road not that we are still in the tie...............some discussion on what team to play bearing in mind we , like yourselves, have a tough game on Sunday which is more important than tomorrow night. ( which will resemble more of a friendly now)

Of course it's tongue in cheek. I can't believe that someone wouldn't realise that. 

5 hours ago, villaglint said:

I'm going with this. 

Olsen

Duran

I'm expecting something like this but I do wonder if dendonker is fit enough to start.