HalfTimePost

I suppose the Corporation bus service don't still run "specials" to and from Villa Park from the top of Steelhouse Lane. ?   🤣 🤣

On the same theme, when we didn't go by bus and drove to the ground, we joined a Bingo Club situated in the shadow of the Holte End. We were able to park there have a few games of Bingo and then went to watch the match. 🙂 

Last time I was at Villa Park ( Everton circa 2003?) we parked in a working mans club about 3/4 mile away , joined for the day and enjoyed a few jars in there beforehand. :flag:

3 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Looking  forward to this - will be my first  game in 4 years. Hopefully a few more Thursday  night games over the season

Hopefully? :D If there isn't then you will have witnessed one of the most horrendous villa collapses of all time :o 

• Haha 1

Without being disrespectful to Hibs or the integrity of the competition, wholesale changes would probably be best here. However, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple from last weekend featuring again. :

Olsen

Chambers      Feeney      Hause      Revan

Tielemans    Dendoncker                     

O’Reilly
            Traore                        Bailey 
                                Duran       

I honestly don’t even know if Dendoncker is back training and whether Hause even exists around Bodymoor? Couple in the shop window for a loan or move before the window slams shut on Friday. Kaden Young, Wilson, Kellyman to get some minutes as well would be good. 

Edited by ferguson1

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

This could be our 9th straight home win in all competitions. Anyone know the last time we did that? 

I can find pretty much every other record but not that one. All games home and away in all comps is 11, which was 1896/97.. so I'm guessing we've never won 9 home games in a row

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Hopefully? :D If there isn't then you will have witnessed one of the most horrendous villa collapses of all time :o 

Realised that when writing it 🙃 - meant for me! Weeknights are easier than  weekends and suddenly we have a few more weeknight games. Last time out was a 0-0 against West Ham in 2019, a game I can only describe  as flaccid. But we don't  do goalless draws these days. Will be first  time in the Holte for 23 years (and first time ever in Holte Lower). 

Duran            Bailey

McGinn    Tielemans  Chambers  Traore

Digne        Pau               Konsa       Cash

Olsen

Subs   Traore Diaby Watkins O reilly ( 63rd minute for Tielemans ) and whoever else is left 

28 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Duran            Bailey

Olsen

Subs   Traore Diaby Watkins O reilly ( 63rd minute for Tielemans ) and whoever else is left 

Traore so good he'll come off the bench in 2nd half to replace himself

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, turvontour said:

This could be our 9th straight home win in all competitions. Anyone know the last time we did that? 

5 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

But we don't  do goalless draws these days.

Ah crap, we now know what the score is going to be! 😜

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Duran            Bailey

Olsen

McGinn, Digne, Pau, Konsa and Cash should be nowhere the XI. 

24 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

McGinn, Digne, Pau, Konsa and Cash should be nowhere the XI. 

Whats the situ with the players allowed to be part of the squad. Wasnt ir 4 homegrown plus 4 club trained between 16 and 18. Thats why i have put in who i put in. 

28 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Ah crap, we now know what the score is going to be! 😜

In the 38  games Both competitive and friendly Emery has been in charge  we have only failed to score in 3.  And never a nil nil. Just the 2 x1 nil defeats to manure and wolves and the villareal 0-1

Olsen

Cash       Chambers         Feeney         Revan

Traore    Dendoncker     Tielemans   Kellyman

Bailey        

Duran